Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
(sigh) He's back in town this summer, but thanks to our friends at Ticketmaster, when I got on at the moment the sale "started," the seats in the back were already pushing $200.

I'll have to live with my memories.
We are taking our daughter to her first concert in June, Dave Matthews and for three of us, for the cheap seats is over $600. Only concert we'll be seeing this year

We are taking our daughter to her first concert in June, Dave Matthews and for three of us, for the cheap seats is over $600. Only concert we'll be seeing this year

Fortunately for me, I've seen most of these folks - many more than once. At least the older "Classic Rock" acts, so I have that. But it's kinda sad for me, because every time somebody like Carlos, or Mark Farner, or many others hit town, I know it may be my last chance to capture that old magic.

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Fed IV
60° and raining in Rhode Island this afternoon.
20230323_143431.jpg 20230323_143436.jpg

dkstott

Practically Family
(sigh) He's back in town this summer, but thanks to our friends at Ticketmaster, when I got on at the moment the sale "started," the seats in the back were already pushing $200.

I'll have to live with my memories.
The Newport jazz festival in Rhode Island is coming up. Hotel rates plus ticket prices are astronomical. Hopefully some of it will hit YouTube or be streamed.

All these drizzle hats.....I our area it has rained EVERY Thursday since the first of the year....we have actually had a lot of cloud and rain since November.;)
My hat for the day was my old Borsa from last week....managed to doge the rain with only a few drops hitting.
1679611573708.png

As you can see underneath I am starting to sort the straws for wearing soon.......(though I hold off as long as I absolutely can, switching to thin and unlined felts first).

Last edited:

PDXHAT

One of the Regulars
Sweet looking hat. I wasn't aware that DelMonico Hatter carried Lock. I hope to get to the store this week and take advantage of their sale.
This is the first Lock I've ever purchased outside of their shop in London. Demonicos has a very limited supply, and with the sale I thought I'd take advantage of it already being in the states.

I know some don't particularly care for modern Lock hats. I agree many are priced high, and I haven't ever shelled out for a $600 fedora, not even when I was buying in the 80s. I've always purchased their trilby line, caps and some summer hats (I have a packable Panama I love, and a linen summer fedora that is one of my favorites.) This rollable line of The Voyager Trilby is made of a really light weight rabbit, and it travels well and feels great in warmer weather. I really love them. I wish Delmonico would stock more colors. I need one in a light brown to go with my Burberry trench from the 80s that all my children are eyeing, haha.

Finally, there is absolutely nothing like visiting the Lock & C store. it is like walking into a time machine. It's worth the premium once in a while. I for one love visiting. Every time I'm in London I come away with a Lock hat or cap.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
This is the first Lock I've ever purchased outside of their shop in London. Demonicos has a very limited supply, and with the sale I thought I'd take advantage of it already being in the states.

I know some don't particularly care for modern Lock hats. I agree many are priced high, and I haven't ever shelled out for a $600 fedora, not even when I was buying in the 80s. I've always purchased their trilby line, caps and some summer hats (I have a packable Panama I love, and a linen summer fedora that is one of my favorites.) This rollable line of The Voyager Trilby is made of a really light weight rabbit, and it travels well and feels great in warmer weather. I really love them. I wish Delmonico would stock more colors. I need one in a light brown to go with my Burberry trench from the 80s that all my children are eyeing, haha.

Finally, there is absolutely nothing like visiting the Lock & C store. it is like walking into a time machine. It's worth the premium once in a while. I for one love visiting. Every time I'm in London I come away with a Lock hat or cap.
Absolutely agree about treating oneself to a visit to Lock & Co if ever in London. It's a must visit for any hat lover.

Even my, at the time, 13 year old daughter was impressed when we visited back in 2016.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ