Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Shore Club today. Had it on a custom hat block for a couple of years... now it fits as if Ignacio had conformed it for me
FB_IMG_1679859884516.jpg
FB_IMG_1679859887815.jpg
FB_IMG_1679859890783.jpg
FB_IMG_1679859893469.jpg

Last edited:
Like Mike @Redfokker before you, you run the risk of the church ladies fainting.
Stetson Shore Club today. Had it on a custom hat block for a couple of years... not it fits as if Ignacio had conformed it for me View attachment 502000 View attachment 502001 View attachment 502002 View attachment 502003
A beauty, Max.

Yup, that works! Nice!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The hats of the week. Still much the same selection, but with a few newcomers.

Mayser
View attachment 501852

Dublin
View attachment 501853

Barbisio Titan Terranova
View attachment 501854

Cervo
View attachment 501855

Mossant Castor Hudson
View attachment 501856

Mertés
View attachment 501857

Kohlndorfer
View attachment 501858

Morreton navy
View attachment 501859

Brummel's Elite
View attachment 501860
hats steur.jpg
The choice of which hat, Stefan, you make more difficult each week. The reason that I have gone with the Morreton is because it's a magnificent hat in the perfect shade of blue that I am hoping to buy from The Hat Centre. The idea being that it will compliment my new blazer, seen here with what was described as navy. I know that I am getting old, but if that's navy....................
Blue blazer penny round 001.JPG

Bill1.jpeg Bill2.jpeg
Gentlemen, how fabulous you both look for Sunday service. Many years ago, our priest was in need of some clothing repairs, getting word that my wife, Tina, was handy with a needle and thread he asked her for help.
She worked her magic, he was delighted. Tina wouldn't take a penny, but she has kept the business card that he gave her, on which he wrote. "Present this to St. Peter when you reach The Pearly Gates." Then there's his message to St. Peter. "St. Peter, I beseech thee that thou permit this generous lady entrance, for she hath clothed the naked."

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning hat folks.

Yesterday Afternoon I was out and about in a vtg. minty 30's Borsolino.

i-Jqsb6rS-M.jpg

i-LGh4HN4-M.jpg

i-G3wdDJR-M.jpg

i-nKhvNbK-M.jpg

This morning I have been out and about in a cool white 30's Brock hat. This was one of the Wolthausen Hat Company fedoras of the 30-40's.

i-9nJfk8R-M.jpg

More on the Brock, Wolthausen Hat Co. here; https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/brock-hats.91490/

Back home for some coffee wearing a heathered brown beauty.

i-vLZPgdc-M.jpg

i-qZ6DSKN-M.jpg

i-zXCG4vQ-M.jpg

i-JZbQzzB-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

View attachment 502043
The choice of which hat, Stefan, you make more difficult each week. The reason that I have gone with the Morreton is because it's a magnificent hat in the perfect shade of blue that I am hoping to buy from The Hat Centre. The idea being that it will compliment my new blazer, seen here with what was described as navy. I know that I am getting old, but if that's navy....................
View attachment 502045

View attachment 502042 View attachment 502044
Gentlemen, how fabulous you both look for Sunday service. Many years ago, our priest was in need of some clothing repairs, getting word that my wife, Tina, was handy with a needle and thread he asked her for help.
She worked her magic, he was delighted. Tina wouldn't take a penny, but she has kept the business card that he gave her, on which he wrote. "Present this to St. Peter when you reach The Pearly Gates." Then there's his message to St. Peter. "St. Peter, I beseech thee that thou permit this generous lady entrance, for she hath clothed the naked."
Thanks, Robert. Some good blues will make you feel better for sure. Fantastic outfit once again.

Good morning hat folks.

Yesterday Afternoon I was out and about in a vtg. minty 30's Borsolino.

i-Jqsb6rS-M.jpg

i-LGh4HN4-M.jpg

i-G3wdDJR-M.jpg

i-nKhvNbK-M.jpg

This morning I have been out and about in a cool white 30's Brock hat. This was one of the Wolthausen Hat Company fedoras of the 30-40's.

i-9nJfk8R-M.jpg

More on the Brock, Wolthausen Hat Co. here; https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/brock-hats.91490/

Back home for some coffee wearing a heathered brown beauty.

i-vLZPgdc-M.jpg

i-qZ6DSKN-M.jpg

i-zXCG4vQ-M.jpg

i-JZbQzzB-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
That Borsalino makes my heart skip a beat every time!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Wegener Colonel Homburg on a weather wise crazy Monday.

Started with a wonderful orange dawn, by noon we had snow, then by 3, the sun shone again.

View attachment 502262
Steve, you make me tremble. The Homburg, the spectacles and, "the look." You could be my bank manager asking me some very uncomfortable questions when I have gone overdrawn without an overdraft.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Sounds a bit like my weather here in central Texas, Steve. We were just a few degrees from a record high on Saturday. Today started clear and cool, eight hours later, we are under a severe thunderstorm warning!

Never fear, however, as my luxuriously smooth Penn Craft [Stetson] bowler will help me show off my latest $2 thrift store find, a vintage walking cane.

Charlie Gurinsky's Stockyards in San Antonio went by several names over its history (horse barn, horse & mule market, etc.). The earliest listing I found was from the mid-30s and the latest, an estate listing, was from '64 so I presume he passed a year or two earlier. These types of marketing tools were not uncommon the mid-1900s and, with the lengthy name stamped on this cane, I will assume it was from later in the period. My guess is late 50s to early 60s. Maybe not that old, but interesting nonetheless.

In 1974, Gurinsky's heirs started and have become very successful in the fine jewelry business. (I guess selling horses and cows was not too bad!) As homage to Charlie, their moto is "From Mules to Jewels".

20230327_181131.jpg 20230327_181202.jpg 20230327_181314.jpg 20230327_181238.jpg 20230327_181359.jpg

Wegener Colonel Homburg on a weather wise crazy Monday.

Started with a wonderful orange dawn, by noon we had snow, then by 3, the sun shone again.

View attachment 502262

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider