Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
1920s Arno Weiske opera hat while trying on for the first time my 1924 dated tails. View attachment 527612 View attachment 527613 View attachment 527614
You look like Hollywood Royalty when Hollywood was at it's zenith, compliments to you. All you need to join the likes of Douglas Fairbanks Jnr., is the silk scarf.
dfb jnr.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning hat folks.

Thursday evening had me enjoying a PHD during the warmer evening.

i-GHnbc5m-M.jpg

Yesterday I was sport'n a Stetson Stratoliner in the rain. Yes indeed we got rain!

i-5ccbvNS-M.jpg

i-VvS527f-M.jpg

I selected this hat as we were expecting rain showers during a warm day. The hat selection was dynamite.

i-92PdgNt-M.jpg

Home I enjoyed a walkabout in a Champ vented fedora. This coated hat was perfect for the end of a rain storm and the warmer evening. I unstacked the hat to wear and saw a "dent" in the crown. A bit of steam this morning solved the dent.

i-srv4JnZ-M.jpg

i-hRNC5Kw-M.jpg

i-vK2Whs4-M.jpg

i-FHx2qrc-M.jpg

Early this morning I took a walkabout under the brim of a Stetson OR.

i-Cx9qT5v-M.jpg

i-cS3dRj8-M.jpg

i-dd5ZzNW-M.jpg

Home and enjoying some coffee I changed to a Gannon Beachcomer. The coffee will tug the fatigue out of my body. I hope.

i-ZGhPhn5-M.jpg

Staying with the bone winchester felt theme I did a couple errands under the brim of a Gannon Wanderer.

i-bw7Zwb3-M.jpg

i-wgBLD7t-M.jpg

My day has just begun and I am beginning to feel energized. Cheers to all forum members, Eric -

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
Around 5 years ago I got a message from Mike Moore of Buckaroo Hatters. He said a friend of ours had stopped by ( the hat shop in Covington) and wondered if I would be able to visit with him as he traveled in Arkansas.
Well I finally got to meet @BradBowers.
Brad was a bartender here when I first joined and I have always had the highest regard for him.
We had the best time visiting with each other over lunch.
The Lounge is a great place and you make and meet some great friends!!
This photo came up on my feed and I just wanted to share it…
By the way ..Brad and I both do genealogy and we found we are distant cousins!
Too cool!!

Attachments

• IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 45

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening.

Early this afternoon I made drop off's at the airport wearing a VS Wanderer (Stetson inspired fedora). I love the dove gray hues of this felt.

i-2xkpmZd-M.jpg

i-vkj4f3V-M.jpg

i-8BzmKfH-M.jpg

I was working some hat blocking, steaming and other stuff late this afternoon. I put a hat on and strolled outside to visit my neighbors and stopped and came back and changed hats. Duh! I headed out in a straw hat and my head felt cool. I changed to a felt for an evening visit on the water's edge.

I enjoy the Pedigree straw. It needed some work as the liner tip was coming loose. A bit of steam to smooth put my last wear was needed.

i-HBLqBpP-M.jpg

i-HQW5vXS-M.jpg

i-p3vV4Fq-M.jpg

i-GM53kXS-M.jpg

i-cTG6r4K-M.jpg

I swapped the straw for a VS Stratoliner inspired sage felt fedora.

i-BHKm5b3-M.jpg

i-vHjNwCn-M.jpg

i-bMNsmVz-M.jpg

Home again and I changed to a VS Westin inspired silvermist Winchester felt. This fedora does have a distinctive VS ribbon treatment. The Stetson Westin was essentially a Stetson Whippet with a different edge treatment.

i-P6z9Qnz-M.jpg

i-DkNK7Zs-M.jpg

i-rjMx4VK-M.jpg

i-pS5QCwT-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails