Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Robert. They probably thought better not to take the risk. Theyr were right about the hat though. Your outfit this week is superb.
Thank you Stefan much appreciated. The hats that I get made fit perfectly, just like a suit that's been made to measure. My thoughts on that was that after I had been measured, a hat block must have been made. How wrong was I? Did you know that there's an adjustable hat block for any hat, shape, size and style? Me neither.
1690127292415.png
It looks like something from a Sci-Fi movie. Placed of your head it can tap into your brain.Weird or what?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
The hats of the week, with a change of the hats halfway through.

Mayser Libelle

View attachment 534428

Herbert Johnson
View attachment 534429

Borsalino Dattero
View attachment 534430

Stetson Open Road
View attachment 534431

Stetson Del Monte
View attachment 534432

Caxton
View attachment 534433

P&C Habig
View attachment 534434

Lock&Co
View attachment 534435

Super Panizza
View attachment 534436
Always an enjoyable bevy Stefan, but the Caxton is perfection.
Looks a lot like your cloud light Borsalino Gorasgu, no??
A class of their own.
Need to see more Caxton!!
B

Thank you Stefan much appreciated. The hats that I get made fit perfectly, just like a suit that's been made to measure. My thoughts on that was that after I had been measured, a hat block must have been made. How wrong was I? Did you know that there's an adjustable hat block for any hat, shape, size and style? Me neither.
View attachment 534543
It looks like something from a Sci-Fi movie. Placed of your head it can tap into your brain.Weird or what?
Once you've put it on it tells your brain you need more hats. Insidious device!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 534543
It looks like something from a Sci-Fi movie. Placed of your head it can tap into your brain.Weird or

View attachment 534543
A conformateur. A wonderful invention. I so would like to have one.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Is that what it's called? Truth be told I had to Google it even though I can speak French. Truly, it is a serious piece of kit, but when you put it on there's a kind of H.G. Wells aura about it. Tina quipped that if it's a time machine can I have my husband of 22 years old please?

We married when I was 22 and she was 18. Married too young, for others perhaps, but we have celebrated, silver, ruby and gold. And with a fair wind and the Lord's blassing, we hope to make it to diamond.

Who?

Practically Family
We married when I was 22 and she was 18. Married too young, for others perhaps, but we have celebrated, silver, ruby and gold. And with a fair wind and the Lord's blassing, we hope to make it to diamond.
It is my sincerest hope that you reach that milestone.

There can be no greater love than the love for the person with whom you have shared your entire adult life.

Richard

Is that what it's called? Truth be told I had to Google it even though I can speak French. Truly, it is a serious piece of kit, but when you put it on there's a kind of H.G. Wells aura about it. Tina quipped that if it's a time machine can I have my husband of 22 years old please?

It's the grand poobah hat for collectors of course. Fascinating things and the ultimate gadget for garden shed tinkerers. I shared a few posts how I fared with the repair of one here: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/photos-of-hatters-tools.27503/post-2804787

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It is my sincerest hope that you reach that milestone.

There can be no greater love than the love for the person with whom you have shared your entire adult life.

Richard
What a kind, comforting remark, thank you very much.
It's the grand poobah hat for collectors of course. Fascinating things and the ultimate gadget for garden shed tinkerers. I shared a few posts how I fared with the repair of one here: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/photos-of-hatters-tools.27503/post-2804787
You did a great job with the restoration Stefan, had I been paying any attention I would have found at least three threads, the subject of which, is the conformateur.
head xray.jpg
I'm still not convinced that the device has an ulterior motive.

Last edited:

The Shoe

One Too Many

Congratulations on the milestones so far. My parents celebrated their diamond anniversary earlier this year, complete with a congratulatory letter from the newly crowned king.
You do need to register for the letter. My parents didn’t think they would bother, so my brother’s wife secretly went ahead and did the registration for them. When it arrived, they were actually thrilled to get it.

The Shoe

One Too Many

I found the picture!
IMG_0608.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Amazing, I had no idea about that, so I looked it up.

Which anniversaries/birthdays does The King send congratulatory messages for?​

The King sends messages of congratulations for Diamond (60th), 65th and Platinum (70th) wedding anniversaries and every year thereafter. His Majesty also arranges messages for 100th, 105th birthdays and every year thereafter.

Whilst my lady would love that it would be like a red rag to a bull for this republican. But if we live to see it happen, I will bite my tongue and keep the peace.

Grey striped blazer 005.JPG

Tina made these trousers and kept me an off cut which I used as a swatch to get the hat made in a colour as close as possible. The shoes are by former Lounger SJC.

DiamondJimLA

New in Town
My English born grandmother (1897-1997) always talked about getting the 100th birthday card from the Queen. Somehow, I think it kept her going. She made it, we threw a big party for her at a famous Scottish/English steak house (she walked in by herself), and got her the Queen's card. She died peacefully in her sleep in her home of ~50+ years 6 weeks later.

I know wrong thread for above and also I'm waiting for my first eBay hat, an Akubra The Boss hat, hope its almost like new as the pictures showed.

Last edited:
View attachment 534543

The conformateur is not an adjustable hat block. It’s a tool that measures the size and shape of you head, but it doesn’t ever touch the hat. The companion piece is called a formillian and it doesn’t block the felt, but it is used to get the final size and shape of the sweatband match your head shape and dimensions…think of it as an adjustable band block. One of these old tools in complete and working condition sell for big money! Several hatters have them as decorative pieces, but some do still use them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot