Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Well this is not very seasonal but I wanted to try my new Stetson out. It's my first hat of this kind and I look forward to wearing it in colder weather. I threw on my overcoar to get a sense of the look.

How did I do? I"m pretty happy with it but interested in your views. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 535215

Looks very nice. Tell us more about the hat.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I usually get to the cinema once a month but this month it’s been once a week. Today I caught “Oppenheimer.”

Post-Stetson Mallory Ten summer felt with felt ribbon. One of my favorites.

It’s tough to make out the beautiful baby blue color in these photos.

View attachment 535235
View attachment 535236
View attachment 535237
View attachment 535238
View attachment 535240
View attachment 535241
View attachment 535243
cowboy.jpeg
Your beautiful hat has a description, baby blue, that made me smile. We once had a Lounger here name of Esther Weis, a talented milliner, she made me a number of hats, one of which is reminiscent of your's. Esther described the colour as powder blue. It gets regularly worn.
001.JPG
003.JPG
Good evening. I would like to share some headgear from the last cuple of days.

PHD panama.

i-9d2psbh-M.jpg

i-3K4N9Bt-M.jpg

A different PHD.

i-PpTV77t-M.jpg

i-mMkCs26-M.jpg

VS panama.

i-JGhWSQL-M.jpg

i-ScQv5Xc-M.jpg

Straw cap.

i-d5wtGBb-M.jpg

Selvedge cap.

i-MLLx8hz-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Eric, your hat collection is second to none, it's always a pleasure to have a close up look at your magnificent lids, none more so than the striped Selvedge cap. It's so unusual and so striking. Compliments to you.
cowboy2.jpg
Green Blazer black trousers 002.JPG
When I wore this outfit to church a week or so ago, Tina text a copy to my tailor. This afternoon I am off to see him. Well not him exactly, he's booked a photographer, he wants to put the image on his website.

Mighty44

One Too Many
IMG_0213.jpeg

3X OR yesterday before it got too hot. I’m so curious about the small differences between the different models and eras of the OR. This one is quite stiff and the flange is almost flat no matter how much you steam or tug it—looks like a knife blade from the side. Useful for a sunny day.;) Stay cool out there!

David

GHT

I'll Lock Up
An inexpensive Panama from Vitamin A.

View attachment 535364

View attachment 535365
saltire.jpeg
Great hat Bob, I love the ribbon badge. Did you know that it's The Scottish Flag? It's commonly known as The St. Andrew's Cross, or Saltire. Tradition has it that the flag, the white Saltire on a blue background, the oldest flag in Europe and the Commonwealth, originated in a battle fought in East Lothian in the Dark Ages. Known as The Battle at Athelstaneford in AD 832.

Fearing defeat, King Angus led prayers and then saw a cloud formation of a white Saltire in the blue sky. The king vowed that if, with Andrew's help, he won, he would make him the patron saint of Scotland. The Scots won and the Saltire became the flag of Scotland. Have you got any Scottish heritage Bob?

Great hat Bob, I love the ribbon badge. Did you know that it's The Scottish Flag? It's commonly known as The St. Andrew's Cross, or Saltire. Tradition has it that the flag, the white Saltire on a blue background, the oldest flag in Europe and the Commonwealth, originated in a battle fought in East Lothian in the Dark Ages. Known as The Battle at Athelstaneford in AD 832.

Fearing defeat, King Angus led prayers and then saw a cloud formation of a white Saltire in the blue sky. The king vowed that if, with Andrew's help, he won, he would make him the patron saint of Scotland. The Scots won and the Saltire became the flag of Scotland. Have you got any Scottish heritage Bob?

Thanks Robert! Interesting info.

1690494932034.png

Actually that sideways "V" and "A" is the logo for Vitamin A -- a women's swimwear company. :D

https://www.vitaminaswim.com/

And, yes, according to Ancestry.com I am related to a Scottish king way back on my Mom's, Mom's, Mom's side (the Creech branch of the family tree).

Coler

New in Town
Looks very nice. Tell us more about the hat.
Thank you Sir!

It is a Stetson and the website I bought from called it a 'Penn Fedora'. It's nothing special but it is working for me and has whetted my appetite.

I like to wear a decent panama during warm weather, or linen flat caps. Tweed flat caps or a brimmed tweed walking hat when it's colder. I'm Irish and live in Ireland so these are somewhat in my DNA.

I also have a couple of Tilleys that pull solid 'adventure hat' duty.

I wanted to try out a felt brimmed hat and this looked like a decent starter hat at 200 euros from memory. I really like it and will be happy to wear it in the cooler weather when suited and booted, which is Mon - Fri for me.

I'm keen to try a Homburg and I would also like a slightly more casual brown Fedora.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Robert! Interesting info.

View attachment 535401

Actually that sideways "V" and "A" is the logo for Vitamin A -- a women's swimwear company. :D
1690497706941.png

Now that you have enlarged it I can see that it's a VA logo. I know a VA that you might like, your majesty.
It's a prewar MG known as the VA. Just make sure that your hat is wedged on tight in an open top car.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
View attachment 535287
Your beautiful hat has a description, baby blue, that made me smile. We once had a Lounger here name of Esther Weis, a talented milliner, she made me a number of hats, one of which is reminiscent of your's. Esther described the colour as powder blue. It gets regularly worn.
View attachment 535289
View attachment 535291

Eric, your hat collection is second to none, it's always a pleasure to have a close up look at your magnificent lids, none more so than the striped Selvedge cap. It's so unusual and so striking. Compliments to you.
View attachment 535288
View attachment 535295
When I wore this outfit to church a week or so ago, Tina text a copy to my tailor. This afternoon I am off to see him. Well not him exactly, he's booked a photographer, he wants to put the image on his website.
I remember Esther. Sorry to hear she doesn’t visit the Lounge much these days.

And yes, “powder blue” might be a better description of the color than “baby blue” - yours is indeed quite similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy