Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Good morning from a warm Minnesota, USA.

A walkbout this morning was taken under the brim of a Supernatural Tulcan Panama.

i-GLHwTsp-M.jpg

i-4XJ6Crc-M.jpg

i-xDX83sR-M.jpg

i-RDD26Zh-M.jpg

i-kpT4ZGc-M.jpg

My morning coffee was under the brim of a vintage Stetson in an optima crease.

i-9Thm6q7-M.jpg

i-dprZtQL-M.jpg

i-SgSQ2Z2-M.jpg

i-mjqTJWn-M.jpg

During the morning heat I changed hats and refreshed my cold brew.

i-nVWsPR4-M.jpg

i-b82HKkS-M.jpg

i-xRkFg4V-M.jpg

i-hDMkg9g-M.jpg

i-xFphbQ9-M.jpg

I started to tackle some outside chores under the brim of a Pilgrim straw.

i-vtHKxgX-M.jpg

i-GRmrJbZ-M.jpg

i-v4S9qpX-M.jpg

Errands in straw. Yes a cap. A straw cap.

i-r4k3n9p-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Some great straws and pugs there, Eric.

View attachment 544470
Enjoying a southern gentleman’s Labor Day smoking 5 pounds of pork and cleaning my grandfather’s double barrel after opening day of dove season. The hat is an inexpensive Ecuadorian Panama. The bourbon is Old Forester 1910.

How did you do with the doves? I would starve if I had to count on my wingshooting doves. It doesn’t help that my “friends” were doubled over laughing at my to-be-expected troubles. I keep telling them I have the best time because I get to shoot 150 times and only have to choke down 3-4 doves (does anyone actually like the taste of doves?).

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The weeks' hats in their sunday line-up.

Morreton
View attachment 544235

Because of popular demand: the T&W Lees western
View attachment 544236 View attachment 544237

Fléchet
View attachment 544238

Battersby homburg
View attachment 544239
View attachment 544240

Barbisio Classic
View attachment 544241

Morreton again
View attachment 544242
Morreton.jpg
The Morreton, it just ticked the boxes, so too did that trenchcoat underneath The Battersby. Tina and I have had a rather busy weekend. She was photographed as much as the car at the classic show we attended.
Christchurch 02 sept 2023 007.JPG

Snowman

Practically Family
How did you do with the doves? I would starve if I had to count on my wingshooting doves. It doesn’t help that my “friends” were doubled over laughing at my to-be-expected troubles. I keep telling them I have the best time because I get to shoot 150 times and only have to choke down 3-4 doves (does anyone actually like the taste of doves?).
Beautiful old box lock too. I try to hunt with heritage guns whenever I can.
I bagged a grand total of two after expending enough shells to bruise my shoulder! One of my hunting mates was happy to add them to his meager take. We had great fun though. The gun is an old Spanish import that was passed down from my grandfather to my dad and then to me. I’m really happy to be able to use it occasionally.

Stetson Stetsonian, about 1947, that Brent was kind enough to sell me.

Spain made/makes for great shotguns. I dream of a British best quality shotgun, but I’d be more than happy with a well fitted Spanish gun.

A few years back I brought a case, not a box but a case, of shells to a dove shoot and left with less than half and didn’t limit. I’m not great, but I’m also not terrible at trap, skeet, or sporting clays, but doves just get in my head and their erratic flight is my undoing.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
My dad's old hat.

I reshaped my dad’s old hat.

I never appreciated the "urban cowboy" look, and prefer a more standard western, so I reshaped my dad’s old hat.

There are very few things that I still have of my dad’s, this hat being one of them. So rather than sitting on a shelf collecting dust, maybe I’ll put it to use. And think of my dad when I wear his old hat.

I reshaped my dad’s old hat…

It's not anything fancy, or valuable, but it's priceless to me.

IdLWs9qh.jpg

goTFsbZh.jpg

nvczSVxh.jpg

Still needs a little massaging

uP2N3fOh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari