Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

InVinoVeritasty

New in Town
A new hat, blocked and shaped by a local guy :) .
IMG_5253.jpeg

Nice hat, but I always chuckle when I hear the name.

Sounds like the name of a senior singles bar.

Thanks Jim! No matter how old we get our humor stays at "fourteen". :p

Very nice centerfire!!

Thanks Voodoo! The hat was asking for something different.

Some mighty nice hats today, gentlemen.

Thanks Randy! I'm happy to be included in such a group.

What a hat!

Thanks Joe! Congrats on the fancy new Adam!

InVinoVeritasty

New in Town
Nice! Welcome to the Lounge. Tell us more about the hat (and maybe those boots as well). You wear them well!
Thank you sir. I've been lurking for a while, but decided to join yesterday. I'm looking forward to learning from this august group, and maybe posting a few more hat photos. The hat in the picture is very special to me because of the gentleman who formed it. Mr. Gary Cohen is a bit of a legend in Texas. His family has been in the hat business for three generations. I'm honored to wear it. The boots are nothing too special -- a pair of Lucchese in Caiman -- but they've been with me longer than one of our kids. Thank you again for your kind welcome and interest. Mark

Last edited:

VoodooSan

Practically Family
View attachment 585724

Adam Hats ‘Mr Bryt’ Dark Brown
5 inch crown as shaped (about 5 1/2 open)
2 inch Light Brown Back Bow Ribbon
2 1/4 brim with Hand Sealed Edge

My latest arrival.. I believe the first of the year. I had put this Adam Hats ‘Mr Bryt’ (I think) on my watch list because of a few features that caught my eye but wasn’t really going to act on it. When the seller offered it to me for about $12, I had to say yes. First off was the 2 1/4 brim with “hand sealed edge” (Cavanagh) the first I have from Adam Hats. The contrasting lighter brown two inch ribbon with back bow really stands out. The crown is fairly full and comes in at around 5 inches as shaped. The liner has an onion skin tip protector with a similar sweat protector behind the sweat. In hand I was a bit surprised to find the hat must have shrunk somewhat as it fits a fair bit more snuggly than it’s tagged size of 6 7/8 even with the split rear seam on the sweat. It has been slowly loosening up stretching back into shape on my head today. The price tag is hard to read and could easily be either $10, $16 or even $18. $16 might be plausible with the hand felted edge on this hat might be targeting a 1950s Twenty from Dobbs, Knox, Stetson ect. The felt quality is good.. it is a stiffer felt that still shapes easily.

View attachment 585725 View attachment 585726 View attachment 585727
Very nice, Joe. LOVE that band back-bow!!

VoodooSan

Practically Family
I took a morning walkabout in an 60's Adam back bow fedora. I shared a brim up pic that was inspired by Randy.

i-hdQP99W-M.jpg

i-QKMGd7b-M.jpg

i-zTKTZdv-M.jpg

i-tHZhnSw-M.jpg

i-DSnj2P2-M.jpg

I enjoyed morning coffee wearing a Stetson Stratoliner.

i-hS8kgp2-M.jpg

i-xsPzHFt-M.jpg

A couple outside chores were completed under the brim of a VS Wanderer (Artlite felt) fedora with vents. This dove beaver felt is an all time fav.

i-zkTjkXt-M.jpg

i-BXJ3wHx-M.jpg

i-BKJvCsL-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Wow! Three spectacular hats in one day! SCORE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda