Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Stetson
IMG_6320.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
P & C Habig on a very wet and grey day. Probably explains my lugubrious face.

As usual, it's hard to catch the navy/midnight blue felt on hats.

View attachment 587987 View attachment 587988
Love the wide ribbon on that Steve! And what a great word lugubrious is (terrible mood, great word).

But is it just me or if you flip the photos right way round do you actually look chipper?

IMG_0331.jpeg

IMG_0330.jpeg

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
Borsalino Visone (mink)... a beautiful velour felt hat likely sold shortly before or shortly after the Second World War.

View attachment 587677

View attachment 587679

View attachment 587683

View attachment 587682

View attachment 587681

View attachment 587680

View attachment 587678
Wow. In my department, back in the day, we had a phrase for a person, or an object, that was the ne-plus-ultra, primo-supreme, epitome of excellence. I can't give a higher accolade to that Borsalino, than, "That hat is all that, and a bag of chips."

VoodooSan

A-List Customer

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Off for a walk in the Deer Flat NWR earlier. My old, liner-less, nearly headband-less, and thoroughly disreputable, Resistol Fort Worth, was a perfect choice against the backdrop of the Owhyee Mountains.

View attachment 588027
That is a great look! As a young pup I spent many hours in the saddle in those mountains. Not a lot there but rangeland — I remember pushing cattle amongst the creeks Blue, Jack’s, Wickahoney, and Battle and ultimately ending up in Dickshooter at the end of the summer to take them off the mountain.

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
That is a great look! As a young pup I spent many hours in the saddle in those mountains. Not a lot there but rangeland — I remember pushing cattle amongst the creeks Blue, Jack’s, Wickahoney, and Battle and ultimately ending up in Dickshooter at the end of the summer to take them off the mountain.
Wow! Those are some gorgeous (and remote) areas of the state. Must have been an awesome job for a young man. Wickahoney Stage Stop is on my list of "one of these days" drives.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Fantastisch! Super schoener Hut!

I love the loop placed in the sweatband - I might try something like that on an old Akubra.

Many years ago, I permanently affixed this safety pin and cord to the sweat of my very first FED IV specifically so I could hang the hat on the coat hook on the back of the seat in front of me while traveling on airplanes (boy is that a mouthful!). I just happened to find this little MacGuyver the other day - I used it often and it actually worked great.

Not sure the loop on your hat is meant to hang the hat (what else would it be for?)….?
IMG_0334.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran