Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Sears Pilgrim Premier 5x in a sort of forest green (the hat came with a Smokey the Bear plaque).

No idea where the “Premier” falls on the Pilgrim line, but this is pretty good quality.

IMG_0336.jpeg

IMG_0337.jpeg

IMG_0343.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

IMG_0338.jpeg

Fantastisch! Super schoener Hut!

I love the loop placed in the sweatband - I might try something like that on an old Akubra.

Many years ago, I permanently affixed this safety pin and cord to the sweat of my very first FED IV specifically so I could hang the hat on the coat hook on the back of the seat in front of me while traveling on airplanes (boy is that a mouthful!). I just happened to find this little MacGuyver the other day - I used it often and it actually worked great.

Not sure the loop on your hat is meant to hang the hat (what else would it be for?)….?
View attachment 588276
Steve would be the one to know the purpose of the loop, but hanging sounds like a good guess. This is not a hat I would travel with - heavy, dressy and a little fragile in the sweatband department. I've taken to traveling with berets almost exclusively these days.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Steve would be the one to know the purpose of the loop, but hanging sounds like a good guess. This is not a hat I would travel with - heavy, dressy and a little fragile in the sweatband department. I've taken to traveling with berets almost exclusively these days.
Yes I saw your post recently about that (in the “Berets Anyone?” thread, I believe). I am quite sensitive to wool and only have one fur felt beret, otherwise I might be onboard with that practice.

I wouldn’t choose to travel in your Hueckel, either, but I might steal the loop idea.

hambone71

Practically Family

VoodooSan

Practically Family

VoodooSan

Practically Family
There's a long story about this hat, in the Western anyone thread, but here's the condensed version: it's my re-shaping, of D Bar J's re-shaping, of a complete beater I picked up at a cowboy flea market over 30 years ago. Wore this while taking my daily walk at Deer Flat, and then antiquing in Boise, were, wonder of wonders, I bought another vintage hat!

D Bar J Lowell 1.jpg
D Bar J Lowell 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24