Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Max Wiese Berlin "Stolzf. Luxury Velour" possibly 1930s. Really great high density close cropped Real Velour. I found this Velour back in 2017.

53541849689_3d2d0e9d37_h.jpg

53541709838_c04a126ba7_h.jpg

53540653167_d9937777dc_h.jpg

53540661922_436abaa0f9_h.jpg

53540781417_58425c4090_h.jpg

Bernward Leineweber, Berlin C Alter Köllnischer Fischmarkt, 1900

11298702324_e8ec0b6bfd_b.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Today was a significant day for me:

I received a wonderful Mallory Ten from eBay (more soon on the “New Hats” thread) but along with that box came a mystery package from D__ Texas.

What??

Wait, I know someone in D__ Texas…

Hold on, “McCamey’ - I know that name!!

Lo and behold it was a “Pass the hat” box from @Rmccamey!

I will post more about this wonderful little guy on the “Pass the Hat” page but I’d like to say how much this gift has opened my eyes to this community as something more like a neighborhood. I haven’t been touched like this by a neighborly gesture in some years.

A neighborhood is not just about likes or sharing knowledge or even emotional support for our shared passion. It is all of that, but it is also about helping each other be better people, have more meaningful experiences in this world, and even in some small way helping one another survive life’s trials. At least all of that is what this package has made me feel.

So tonight I am wearing something more than just a hat: I am wearing the badge of a neighborhood. I am extremely grateful and humbled to be part of it.

Thank you Randy, for including me in this way but also thanks to all the other old timers who have created this neighborhood. It really is unique and blessed and I am honored to be a part of it. I also feel an awareness that such an inclusion is asking me to be a mindful and caring neighbor as well.

Here’s the hat: a wonderful early summer Mayser with (wait for it) a 2-3/8 inch brim (my new favorite brim size)!

(Sorry these aren’t better photos but I ran out of sunlight!)

My best regards to all and thank you again Randy.

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0568.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

IMG_0570.jpeg

GabGarde

New in Town
Apologies for breaking up the Northern Hemisphere winter hats. Today is the first outing of my new SunBody Plantation. Perfect for the hot, rainy Brisbane summer. The Panama only comes out when there’s an absolutely 0% chance of rain, which has been rare in the past few weeks. Still tossing up whether to replace the ribbon with one in a darker colour (they only had cream available).

22035E88-3FD1-4022-ACAC-A58F0915143B.jpeg

CD4B1334-1CD5-4C40-9358-0C3839C6BB57.jpeg
ECC0F046-6B7E-4923-B6BB-736E28A80FC8.jpeg

hambone71

Practically Family

I received a wonderful Mallory Ten from eBay (more soon on the “New Hats” thread) but along with that box came a mystery package from D__ Texas.

What??

I will post more about this wonderful little guy on the “Pass the Hat” page but I’d like to say how much this gift has opened my eyes to this community as something more like a neighborhood. I haven’t been touched like this by a neighborly gesture in some years.

A neighborhood is not just about likes or sharing knowledge or even emotional support for our shared passion. It is all of that, but it is also about helping each other be better people, have more meaningful experiences in this world, and even in some small way helping one another survive life’s trials. At least all of that is what this package has made me feel.

So tonight I am wearing something more than just a hat: I am wearing the badge of a neighborhood. I am extremely grateful and humbled to be part of it.

Thank you Randy, for including me in this way but also thanks to all the other old timers who have created this neighborhood. It really is unique and blessed and I am honored to be a part of it. I also feel an awareness that such an inclusion is asking me to be a mindful and caring neighbor as well.

Here’s the hat: a wonderful early summer Mayser with (wait for it) a 2-3/8 inch brim (my new favorite brim size)!

View attachment 592559
View attachment 592560
View attachment 592563
View attachment 592564
Excellent write up, Nathan. You summed it up alright! I have also been a recipient of Randy's random acts of kindness and I know the feeling you are overwhelmed with. It's things like this that make life fun!

Hats off to you @Rmccamey!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Wear it in good health, Nathan.

What??

View attachment 592559
View attachment 592560
View attachment 592563
View attachment 592564

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Good morning. A walkabout this morning was under the brim of an inky blue Cavanaugh homburg.

i-dSch7ct-M.jpg

i-zG3GghD-M.jpg

The maroon binding contrasts well with the inky blue felt.

i-J9WxKCf-M.jpg

i-ThRcH5z-M.jpg

Whippet Wednesday participation with a sage hued Stetson Whippet.

i-f737w5V-M.jpg

i-qFLWzSn-M.jpg

i-rD7L5jZ-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Eric, great hats this morning! The vintage sage hue of that Whippet is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy