Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

RBH

Bartender
Hiding in the hills, here, where the temperature was -3 degrees F yesterday. The fire department was out patrolling, chipping dogs off hydrants. That’s cold!
But I was just fine, bundled up with my new Buckaroo Ear Warmers under a stingy brim Vintage Silhouettes felt in “steel.” I need to get a brown one, too!

View attachment 592762

And in support of new member @GabGarde, my Sunbody lid in the sun. View attachment 592767

Be well! View attachment 592759 View attachment 592760 View attachment 592763

Nice seeeing the warmers in the 'wild'!!
I have a pair I have used for some 7 years or so.... love them!
I spoke with Mike yesterday and he said he had a shippment of brown ones come in.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning hat folks. My morning walkabout was under the brim of a JC Penny Marathon with a unique ribbon treatment.

i-KMRVqtH-M.jpg

i-9Wd3kw2-M.jpg

i-gqwc8bz-M.jpg

i-MD5cmpj-M.jpg

i-pdmgDLZ-M.jpg

A Stetson Whippet with a blue hue was my hat for enjoying morning coffee.

i-CNqDK3r-M.jpg

i-ZHdF92h-M.jpg

i-77Cx6D6-M.jpg

Cheers this morning, Eric -

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Just picked up this Stetson Stratoliner. Not sure of the year but I'm thinking 1960s. It has a rather tall crown of 4.5". At first I thought it was an Open Road until I found the tag under the sweatband indicating it to be a Stratoliner. Not sure when Stetson started using the little Stratoliner Airplane pin, but this certainly predates that. So, if anyone has any info as to this being an early 1960s or possibly late 1950s. What's odd is that it came with the extra liner. The one in the hat is still glued in place, so I would assume the one in the hat is the original one. There were
stratoliner pic 2.jpg
stratoliner pic 1.jpg
stratoliner and Meagn pic.jpg
stratoliner feather pic 2.jpg
stratoliner name tag.jpg
stratoliner leather band pic 3.jpg
strtaoliner leather band pic 1.jpg
stratoliner liner pic 2.jpg
stratoliner extra liner pic.jpg
stetson box.jpg
no other tags under the sweatband, other than the numbers stamped on the leather, but I didn't want to tear the paper tag to see what it was. Perhaps the box will give some kind of indication as to the time period.

Just picked up this Stetson Stratoliner. Not sure of the year but I'm thinking 1960s. It has a rather tall crown of 4.5". At first I thought it was an Open Road until I found the tag under the sweatband indicating it to be a Stratoliner. Not sure when Stetson started using the little Stratoliner Airplane pin, but this certainly predates that. So, if anyone has any info as to this being an early 1960s or possibly late 1950s. What's odd is that it came with the extra liner. The one in the hat is still glued in place, so I would assume the one in the hat is the original one. There wereStrat View attachment 593386 View attachment 593387 View attachment 593388 View attachment 593389 View attachment 593390 View attachment 593391 View attachment 593392 View attachment 593393 View attachment 593394 no other tags under the sweatband, other than the numbers stamped on the leather, but I didn't want to tear the paper tag to see what it was. Perhaps the box will give some kind of indication as to the time period.

Nice later model Strat - especially in black. I agree on the 1960s date, but I don't think the extra liner is the original, as that logo is one I believe predates the hat. Cool liner, though, with the mesh on it. What is the open crown height, or is it factory pressed?

The little airplane pin was original to the original Strats from the 40s.

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Thanks so much. The open crown height is 5". When I got it, it already had the shaped crown which brought it to the 4.5" that it is now. The mesh liner threw me off because it reads Royal Stetson like the script on the leather band. Glad you were able to clarify me on the date.

Thanks so much. The open crown height is 5". When I got it, it already had the shaped crown which brought it to the 4.5" that it is now. The mesh liner threw me off because it reads Royal Stetson like the script on the leather band. Glad you were able to clarify me on the date.

I just hope you realize they're all just educated guesses.

Pkyoakum

One of the Regulars
New member here – thanks for letting me join. Today is a Banjo Paterson day for me. I lowered the crown a bit by making the teardrop more telescope-like. My wife isn’t a fan of the color (says it’s too green), but there’s something about this hat that keeps me reaching for it when I head out the door. Maybe cause it’s built like a tank and feels like it can handle anything you throw at it. View attachment 588599 View attachment 588600
Great seeing a young man wear a cool hat.

Max Wiese Berlin "Stolzf. Luxury Velour" possibly 1930s. Really great high density close cropped Real Velour. I found this Velour back in 2017.

53541849689_3d2d0e9d37_h.jpg

53541709838_c04a126ba7_h.jpg

53540653167_d9937777dc_h.jpg

53540661922_436abaa0f9_h.jpg

53540781417_58425c4090_h.jpg

Bernward Leineweber, Berlin C Alter Köllnischer Fischmarkt, 1900

11298702324_e8ec0b6bfd_b.jpg
Takes my breath away. What a beaut!

Gorgeous hat, Jonathan. A bit of sunshine lets it shine.

Hey all!
This mid 30's Mossant likes to be brim up.

View attachment 592598 View attachment 592599 View attachment 592600 View attachment 592601

Have a great day!
Mossant sure knew how to make them back in the day. Wonderful hat, John.

Favored my Falcon Park trio this week, but the Texas Hatters derby made a cameo appearance.
Fantastic, Jeff. All of them, really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24