Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

VEB Luckenwalder Hutfabrik "Velour", possibly late 1950s. This is from the DDR / GDR and a really fantastic close cropped gray Velour. VEB Luckenwalder Hutfabrik was Friedrich Steinberg Herrmann & Co. Hutfabrik Luckenwalde up to WWII. I found this Velour back in 2011.

53554735569_527a4dcdbe_h.jpg

53554842825_02f5901984_h.jpg

53554737609_99d35d8e7c_h.jpg

53554743824_8d4645a19f_h.jpg

53553547857_79aa152f8a_h.jpg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Looks like your happy place, Rick!

View attachment 594675
This is in a well stocked Deli in Napa CA
Wine Country... What do you expect?

View attachment 594676 View attachment 594677
View attachment 594678
Modern Panizza.

Nice, Brent. Here is my Granite and Slate.
20240226_181008.jpg
Thanks, David. Yes, the felt is Winchester’s 100% beaver in the color natural. There are three of us here who have essentially the same hat (one guy got banned). The ribbon color is slate and Gannon has long since used up his small supply of it.

92 here today, Bill. I was hoping to make it to spring break before I pulled out the straws!
I realize it’s still winter here in North Texas. But, with temperatures in the 90s I’m breaking out the straw. This is a montecristi from The Northwest Hat Company.

View attachment 594721

You guys are knocking it out of the park with great hats today. Extra nice 7XCB Randall.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Randall. It's definitely growing on me. Had to take some time to get it to behave the way I wanted it to, but this is a shape I can wear it in.

Maybe Mayser's best period. Wonderful hat, Steve.

Wonderful hat, John. I can just about feel that felt.
Thanks Stefan! And it's not even a Champ! :)
The first thing I thought when I found it at a thrift store was how similar the felt was in thinness and it's soft, fine hand to this Hückel that came from you in trade.

20240226_155125.jpg 20240226_155129.jpg

20240226_155133.jpg

Have a great day!

hambone71

Practically Family
Had a wonderful afternoon at the public library under the brim of the Mallory Ten.

I raided the German interest shelf and came away with a decent selection, including a novel about the German scientists who built Huntsville’s Space and Rocket program as well as this quite robust bilingual edition of Rilke poetry.

View attachment 594746
View attachment 594747
View attachment 594748
You know I like that Mallory!

Speaking of the Space and Rocket Center, we took a trip there last year. Pretty neat stuff. I wore a Resistol Herdsman that day. It's actually the hat in my current profile pic.

hambone71

Practically Family
Looks like your happy place, Rick!

Nice, Brent. Here is my Granite and Slate.
View attachment 594759

92 here today, Bill. I was hoping to make it to spring break before I pulled out the straws!

You guys are knocking it out of the park with great hats today. Extra nice 7XCB Randall.
You fellers used up all of Michael's slate ribbon before I could get one. Slate was my first choice of ribbon color for my first Gannon, but he was fresh out....forever. I'll just have to covet y'alls.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
You know I like that Mallory!

Speaking of the Space and Rocket Center, we took a trip there last year. Pretty neat stuff. I wore a Resistol Herdsman that day. It's actually the hat in my current profile pic.
Thanks Phil! And thanks as well for reminding me that I haven’t gone yet and would like to this spring.

And that Resistol Herdsman is a mighty fine looking hat!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Twinwood 2019 010.JPG

Being semi-retired I don't have to go to work every day. So today, I am taking the lady to her favourite fabric shop, a chore that for me has many blessings.

Just after we came out of lockdown this lovely fabric appeared in her cabin.
hats 049.JPG

Sometime later I was wearing it. Perfect with a summer straw.
old photos 553.JPG

Today's purchases? Watch this space. Oops nearly forgot to give John B a credit.
My hat in the first photo is a Stetson Sovereign.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Hornskov for a brief showing at work this morning. Still trying to find a style for this crown that will get me giving this Hornskov the love it deserves. It needs a centre dent due to the front to back taper. This time I’ve given it a long raking pinch. I think Bowen suggested something like this some time back. I just couldn’t get comfortable in the original cattleman crease. I think this is the best incarnation I have achieved so far.
I really wish I hadn’t reduced the crown from tall to medium. We live & learn. Any suggestions would be welcome.
IMG_0301.jpeg
IMG_0302.jpeg

View attachment 594808
Being semi-retired I don't have to go to work every day. So today, I am taking the lady to her favourite fabric shop, a chore that for me has many blessings.

Just after we came out of lockdown this lovely fabric appeared in her cabin.
View attachment 594810
Sometime later I was wearing it. Perfect with a summer straw.
View attachment 594809
Today's purchases? Watch this space. Oops nearly forgot to give John B a credit.
My hat in the first photo is a Stetson Sovereign.
Looking dapper, Robert.

Hornskov for a brief showing at work this morning. Still trying to find a style for this crown that will get me giving this Hornskov the love it deserves. It needs a centre dent due to the front to back taper. This time I’ve given it a long raking pinch. I think Bowen suggested something like this some time back. I just couldn’t get comfortable in the original cattleman crease. I think this is the best incarnation I have achieved so far.
I really wish I hadn’t reduced the crown from tall to medium. We live & learn. Any suggestions would be welcome.
View attachment 594824 View attachment 594823
Very sharp Gary.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Took the afternoon and tomorrow off to celebrate Etsuko’s birthday.
Etsuko wore her sand Leisuretime. Her jeans aren’t easy to see in the picture, but they are Oni Denim jeans - her birthday present. The guy that makes them is in his seventies. Apparently when winter gets too cold, he doesn’t work and when summer gets too hot, he doesn’t work. He’s the only one who knows how to use the vintage machines and has no one to take over the business when he’s done. The denim is pretty special - unlike any denim I’ve touched before.
IMG_0387.jpeg
IMG_0388.jpeg
IMG_0389.jpeg
IMG_0390.jpeg

We went for sushi at her favourite place.
3D04DD37-3EFB-4167-839F-B4D5E49B66F1.jpeg

I wore my Hornskov Mogul in natural with a brown ribbon. This is Etsuko’s favourite of my Hornskovs. Understated, but very classy.
IMG_0343.jpeg
IMG_0361.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

IMG_0354.jpeg

Last edited:
Took the afternoon and tomorrow off to celebrate Etsuko’s birthday.
Etsuko wore her sand Leisuretime. Her jeans aren’t easy to see in the picture, but they are Oni Denim jeans - her birthday present. The guy that makes them is in his seventies. Apparently when winter gets too cold, he doesn’t work and when summer gets too hot, he doesn’t work. He’s the only one who knows how to use the vintage machines and has no one to take over the business when he’s done. The denim is pretty special - unlike any denim I’ve touched before. View attachment 594827 View attachment 594828 View attachment 594829 View attachment 594830
We went for sushi at her favourite place.
View attachment 594831
I wore my Hornskov Mogul in natural with a brown ribbon. This is Etsuko’s favourite of my Hornskovs. Understated, but very classy.
View attachment 594833 View attachment 594834
View attachment 594835
View attachment 594836
Happy Birthday Etsuko. What a stylish couple you two are.

How unfortunate that man’s skill and knowledge isn’t being passed on.

VoodooSan

Practically Family
View attachment 594824 View attachment 594823
Of course, it's not on MY head, but I think the current shape is EXTREMELY good looking. And that tie scores 15 on a scale of 1 to 10!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy