Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Monday- Black Stetson
Tuesday- Adam
IMG_6324.jpeg
IMG_6325.jpeg

hambone71

Practically Family
View attachment 594808
Being semi-retired I don't have to go to work every day. So today, I am taking the lady to her favourite fabric shop, a chore that for me has many blessings.

Just after we came out of lockdown this lovely fabric appeared in her cabin.
View attachment 594810
Sometime later I was wearing it. Perfect with a summer straw.
View attachment 594809
Today's purchases? Watch this space. Oops nearly forgot to give John B a credit.
My hat in the first photo is a Stetson Sovereign.
Looking mighty fine, Robert. Trousers while you wait? Tina's not slowing down!

Took the afternoon and tomorrow off to celebrate Etsuko’s birthday.
Etsuko wore her sand Leisuretime. Her jeans aren’t easy to see in the picture, but they are Oni Denim jeans - her birthday present. The guy that makes them is in his seventies. Apparently when winter gets too cold, he doesn’t work and when summer gets too hot, he doesn’t work. He’s the only one who knows how to use the vintage machines and has no one to take over the business when he’s done. The denim is pretty special - unlike any denim I’ve touched before. View attachment 594827 View attachment 594828 View attachment 594829 View attachment 594830
We went for sushi at her favourite place.
View attachment 594831
I wore my Hornskov Mogul in natural with a brown ribbon. This is Etsuko’s favourite of my Hornskovs. Understated, but very classy.
View attachment 594833 View attachment 594834
View attachment 594835
View attachment 594836
Congratulations to Etsuko (and yourself of course). She's looking very stylish and elegant with that long coat. I'm with her on the preference for the second Hornskov. And foodpics; jay!

Wearing a real favorite of mine today, this late 1950’s Royal De Luxe Stetson. The raggy old shirt is a little newer; a late 1960’s Pendleton that belonged to a friend’s dad. I received it in late 1973.

View attachment 594936 View attachment 594937 View attachment 594938 View attachment 594940 View attachment 594941 View attachment 594942 View attachment 594943 View attachment 594944 View attachment 594945
All goes so well together, Charlie. The hat, the shirt.. you!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Looking dapper, Robert.
Thank you Joe, much appreciated. After we had bought the fabric earlier Tina suggested that we go for a coffee, there's a great, family run cafe nearby. The fellow behind the counter said, "what a dapper gent," as he looked at my Stetson.
Looking mighty fine, Robert. Trousers while you wait? Tina's not slowing down!
Thank you Stefan, Tina did smile at your comment.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Took the afternoon and tomorrow off to celebrate Etsuko’s birthday.
Etsuko wore her sand Leisuretime. Her jeans aren’t easy to see in the picture, but they are Oni Denim jeans - her birthday present. The guy that makes them is in his seventies. Apparently when winter gets too cold, he doesn’t work and when summer gets too hot, he doesn’t work. He’s the only one who knows how to use the vintage machines and has no one to take over the business when he’s done. The denim is pretty special - unlike any denim I’ve touched before. View attachment 594827 View attachment 594828 View attachment 594829 View attachment 594830
We went for sushi at her favourite place.
View attachment 594831
I wore my Hornskov Mogul in natural with a brown ribbon. This is Etsuko’s favourite of my Hornskovs. Understated, but very classy.
View attachment 594833 View attachment 594834
View attachment 594835
View attachment 594836
Happy Birthday to Etsuko. You're both looking so cool as usual, especially the Birthday Girl.

What a pity the craftman's knowledge in those denims won't live on after he's gone.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Very sharp Gary.
Thanks, Joe.
Happy Birthday Etsuko. What a stylish couple you two are.

How unfortunate that man’s skill and knowledge isn’t being passed on.
Thanks again.
Of course, it's not on MY head, but I think the current shape is EXTREMELY good looking. And that tie scores 15 on a scale of 1 to 10!
Thanks, Voodoo. I think it’ll stay pretty much like this. I may pull the brim down at the front for a little more curve…we’ll see.
Happy Birthday, Etsuko!
Thanks again!
Congratulations to Etsuko (and yourself of course). She's looking very stylish and elegant with that long coat. I'm with her on the preference for the second Hornskov. And foodpics; jay!
Thanks, Stefan.

Etsuko’s reached the age where she isn’t thrilled at the idea of getting any older, but she does appreciate the birthday wishes.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
A warm but grey day. I’ve been swapping over to light felt so I went with the early 50s Canadian Royal Stetson for the first time since summer last year.

I had the sweatband changed a few years back but the very first time I sweat in it the darn thing bled through the felt and stained the front of the ribbon. More than three years later and I’m still sore about it! :D

Still a favorite nonetheless but now I don’t wear him hard for fear of more staining.

IMG_0691.jpeg

IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0697.jpeg
IMG_0693.jpeg

IMG_0694.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner