Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars

DonR

One of the Regulars
Getting a bit of rain so I'm wearing my Akubra Angler.

20240507_170240.jpg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
I'll trade ya!....and we even wear the same size!
Most here might should actually do that, however, this guy can build his own Stagecoach remake. And I even probably have one round here somewheres.
AND, now I have time to do one for myself!
Matter of fact I have a 40s Dobbs Twenty going that I’ve upsized from a 6 3/4 having a 2 3/4 Cav Edge that’s now on a 7 1/4 block that I’ll FINALLY be able to sew in one of my own Triple R Hattery sweats bearing my initials!
I’ve blocked it twice and now it has a 5 5/8” crown still having a 2 3/4” brim.
For small fee, anyone needing a decent small Dobbs Twenty sweat? I can upsize it to a 7 easily enough, but not to a 7 1/4 plus.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Most here might should actually do that, however, this guy can build his own Stagecoach remake. And I even probably have one round here somewheres.
AND, now I have time to do one for myself!
Matter of fact I have a 40s Dobbs Twenty going that I’ve upsized from a 6 3/4 having a 2 3/4 Cav Edge that’s now on a 7 1/4 block that I’ll FINALLY be able to sew in one of my own Triple R Hattery sweats bearing my initials!
I’ve blocked it twice and now it has a 5 5/8” crown still having a 2 3/4” brim.
For small fee, anyone needing a decent small Dobbs Twenty sweat? I can upsize it to a 7 easily enough, but not to a 7 1/4 plus.
Randall, I could use a good-condition Dobbs 20 sweatband, size 7, if you can make it happen. Drop my PM if you want.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
You are correct it is Beaver Hats, I don't know why it was stuck in my head as Beaver Brand.
View attachment 612367
I have a “Beaver Hats” hat as well and I was calling it a “Beaver Brand” hat. I don’t know, that might be accurate? There’s a thread going on right now for Beaver Brand/Langenburg (or something German like that), but I haven’t been able to work out if they are talking about “Beaver Hats” brand or something else..

Thanks for the help, though I’m afraid I might have spread my confusion to you (sorry!).

Last edited:

StoryPNW

One Too Many
I have a “Beaver Hats” hat as well and I was calling it a “Beaver Brand” hat. I don’t know, that might be accurate? There’s a thread going on right now for Beaver Brand/Langenburg (or something German like that), but I haven’t been able to work out if they are talking about “Beaver Hats” brand or something else. - obviously I need to read the whole thread.

Thanks for the help, though I’m afraid I might have spread my confusion to you (sorry!).
I think both are correct. The logo says Beaver Brand Hats if you look closely.
20240507_174332.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I think both are correct. The logo says Beaver Brand Hats if you look closely.
View attachment 612370
Jeez, the hat mystery of the week is upon me.

Mine does not have the word “BRAND” and the beaver scene is a bit different. Also on that other thread someone said they think Beaver Brand is no older than the early ‘70s. My hat looks to be older than that so again, I don’t know if it’s the same thing or maybe a different iteration or what.

I’m gonna have to start a weekly blog for these hat mysteries….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff