Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Ahhh, a long black coffee with half and half. Sipping my indulgence under the brim of a Champ. Feeling like a Champ.

i-Z8wmW33-M.jpg

i-GQwZjmC-M.jpg

i-zxt68Cs-M.jpg

i-SXTNczP-M.jpg

Cheers on a TAR Friday in Minnesota, USA, Eric -

I was wearing a twin just last week, Eric. Great hat!

IMG_1499.jpeg

IMG_1504.jpeg

1950s Stetson 3X today while the Twenty-Five liner soaks in the sun for a little while. I have washed the liner twice but the sweaty sneaker stench lingers. I’m hoping some sunlight will help.

I love this 3X, 3-ply western and have worn him hard over the years. The felt is just about bulletproof - unfortunately the sweatband is not (though it was pretty darn tough) and now needs replacing.

View attachment 612955
View attachment 612956
View attachment 612957
View attachment 612958
View attachment 612960

The JBS Twenty-Five liner looks good after a few washes, but the stench is entrenched like a Plantagenet.
View attachment 612961

Some of us have had luck tossing things in a box or bag with either coffee grounds or baking soda. We have a couple of threads on odors but I'm too lazy to look for them.

Sunlight helps, tho.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
A terrific ensemble, an awesome song, and a history lesson! Your posts are ALWAYS exceptional, sir!
What a compliment, my wife Tina read it, smiled, and said: "But you can't make your shirts." Dress making is her hobby, and very good at it she is. My wardrobe of handmade shirts, trousers and so much more, is testament to the lady's talent.
Not that she did that professionally, retired now, my wife devoted her time and skill to others. She was a paramedic in the ambulance service.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
1950s Stetson 3X today while the Twenty-Five liner soaks in the sun for a little while. I have washed the liner twice but the sweaty sneaker stench lingers. I’m hoping some sunlight will help.

I love this 3X, 3-ply western and have worn him hard over the years. The felt is just about bulletproof - unfortunately the sweatband is not (though it was pretty darn tough) and now needs replacing.

View attachment 612955
View attachment 612956
View attachment 612957
View attachment 612958
View attachment 612960

The JBS Twenty-Five liner looks good after a few washes, but the stench is entrenched like a Plantagenet.
View attachment 612961
Great looking 3X, Nathan.

Jim gave some good advice re the liner to your Twenty-Five. Personally, I'd just let it hang outside on the washing line for a few days / weeks. Fresh air often helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn