Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino Gorasgu in Averla before the heat and rain arrived this afternoon:
20240513_080303.jpg
20240513_075734.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I wore a Stetson for my morning soirée. The tan/carmel hued felt is highlighted by the sage green ribbon treatment. This hat, not an expensive hat when purchased new, is a fav. The edge treatment!

i-Jgqc9tj-M.jpg

i-CvJWNPF-M.jpg

i-8nhthVz-M.jpg

i-Wjsgtqd-M.jpg

Home for warm coffee for both my hands and spirit. I changed to a Dobbs Twenty. Dobbs in the day really figured out how to work with felt.

i-34D4tTQ-M.jpg

i-SN9cMmd-M.jpg

i-dzrfj8s-M.jpg

I scampered about completing errands wearing a minty Stetson. The felt hue in person is a very white-ish gray. Stunning felt hue.

i-CzhSfhp-M.jpg

i-WWXqKZD-M.jpg

i-kG9jPLS-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

VoodooSan

Practically Family
I wore a Stetson for my morning soirée. The tan/carmel hued felt is highlighted by the sage green ribbon treatment. This hat, not an expensive hat when purchased new, is a fav. The edge treatment!

i-Jgqc9tj-M.jpg

i-CvJWNPF-M.jpg

i-8nhthVz-M.jpg

i-Wjsgtqd-M.jpg

Home for warm coffee for both my hands and spirit. I changed to a Dobbs Twenty. Dobbs in the day really figured out how to work with felt.

i-34D4tTQ-M.jpg

i-SN9cMmd-M.jpg

i-dzrfj8s-M.jpg

I scampered about completing errands wearing a minty Stetson. The felt hue in person is a very white-ish gray. Stunning felt hue.

i-CzhSfhp-M.jpg

i-WWXqKZD-M.jpg

i-kG9jPLS-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
All quite glorious, but Oh, that Dobbs!!!!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
All quite glorious, but Oh, that Dobbs!!!!

Thanks for the hat compliment.

Dobbs Twenty is indeed grand hat! If you will, I will pontificate a bit on the hat characteristics. The Dobbs has that thicker felt that just easily takes a crease. Very malleable. The rounder crown and side creases are indicative of the little bit thicker felt. The leather sweat is a big step above vintage Stetsons of same age. I have not mentioned, yet, the edge treatment. It is just classy and well done. The felt hue happens to be a preferred hue of mine.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many

i-Jgqc9tj-M.jpg

i-CvJWNPF-M.jpg

i-8nhthVz-M.jpg

i-Wjsgtqd-M.jpg

i-34D4tTQ-M.jpg

i-SN9cMmd-M.jpg

i-dzrfj8s-M.jpg

i-CzhSfhp-M.jpg

i-WWXqKZD-M.jpg

i-kG9jPLS-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Wow Eric, what a treat of hats this morning. Exceptional, even for you. Thanks for sharing!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
The Stetson Twenty-Five is up and fully functioning. The sweatband should be reinstalled in a prettier manner, but it’s solid so I’ll let it be. Besides being a student of the “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it” school, I’m not at all confident that I can actually do a better job.

I love this hat, with its big, straight crown (even bigger than my 7XCB), silver color (truly looks like the definition of ‘silver belly’), the thin, clay-like felt and broad brim. I broke one of my hat rules and put a c-crease in him since he already has one big crease ghost from a previous owner.

My new go-to hat.

IMG_1667.jpeg

IMG_1668.jpeg

IMG_1671.jpeg

IMG_1670.jpeg

IMG_1669.jpeg

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
The Stetson Twenty-Five OR is up and fully functioning. The sweatband should be reinstalled in a prettier manner, but it’s solid so I’ll let it be. Besides being a student of the “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it” school, I’m not at all confident that I can actually do a better job.

I love this hat, with its big, straight crown (even bigger than my 7XCB), silver color (truly looks like the definition of ‘silver belly’), the thin, clay-like felt and broad brim. I broke one of my hat rules and put a c-crease in him since he already has one big crease ghost from the previous owner.

My new go-to hat.

View attachment 613976
View attachment 613972
View attachment 613973
View attachment 613974
View attachment 613975

The sun just came out, so here he is in the sunlight.
IMG_1796.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80