Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
I wore a Stetson for my morning soirée. The tan/carmel hued felt is highlighted by the sage green ribbon treatment. This hat, not an expensive hat when purchased new, is a fav. The edge treatment!

i-Jgqc9tj-M.jpg

i-CvJWNPF-M.jpg

i-8nhthVz-M.jpg

i-Wjsgtqd-M.jpg

Home for warm coffee for both my hands and spirit. I changed to a Dobbs Twenty. Dobbs in the day really figured out how to work with felt.

i-34D4tTQ-M.jpg

i-SN9cMmd-M.jpg

i-dzrfj8s-M.jpg

I scampered about completing errands wearing a minty Stetson. The felt hue in person is a very white-ish gray. Stunning felt hue.

i-CzhSfhp-M.jpg

i-WWXqKZD-M.jpg

i-kG9jPLS-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

A triumphant trifecta!

VoodooSan

Practically Family
The Stetson Twenty-Five is up and fully functioning. The sweatband should be reinstalled in a prettier manner, but it’s solid so I’ll let it be. Besides being a student of the “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it” school, I’m not at all confident that I can actually do a better job.

I love this hat, with its big, straight crown (even bigger than my 7XCB), silver color (truly looks like the definition of ‘silver belly’), the thin, clay-like felt and broad brim. I broke one of my hat rules and put a c-crease in him since he already has one big crease ghost from a previous owner.

My new go-to hat.

View attachment 613976
View attachment 613972
View attachment 613973
View attachment 613974
View attachment 613980
That's a stunner, Nathan!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I think that crease looks great :cool:
That's a stunner, Nathan!

Thanks gentlemen!

I also like a c-crease but I inevitably like a center crease better, and changing hats back to center from c leaves a crease ghost. So I don’t usually put a c-crease in unless the brim is less than a 2-1/2 inches.

But I really like it on this one.

Last edited:
The Stetson Twenty-Five is up and fully functioning. The sweatband should be reinstalled in a prettier manner, but it’s solid so I’ll let it be. Besides being a student of the “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it” school, I’m not at all confident that I can actually do a better job.

I love this hat, with its big, straight crown (even bigger than my 7XCB), silver color (truly looks like the definition of ‘silver belly’), the thin, clay-like felt and broad brim. I broke one of my hat rules and put a c-crease in him since he already has one big crease ghost from a previous owner.

My new go-to hat.

View attachment 613976
View attachment 613972
View attachment 613973
View attachment 613974
View attachment 613980
Well done. What finally did the trick on the sweat Cleaning?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Well done. What finally did the trick on the sweat Cleaning?

Thanks Joe!

Lucky the funk was mostly in the liner (the sweat and felt also had a stink, but I think it’s worked out already).

I have this type of herb I got in SE Asia. It’s a bit like sage but makes way more smoke and smells more like tobacco (it’s not though, and it doesn’t linger like tobacco). Asians use it against mould.

Anyway, I burned a heckuva lot of that into the liner and then soaked the liner over night in baby shampoo and then left it hanging in the wind all evening. That seems to have done the trick.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, gents, for the kind comments. Sadly the sweatband suffers from dry rot, so this particular hat doesn't get worn nearly as often as it deserves.
That’s a stunner!

What a MAGNIFICENT color!!!!

Magnificent! That colour, melts me

A hat that colour and style, makes a statement. It's exquisite.
Tina came with me when I tried this blazer on at the first fitting. "You need a hat to go with that," was her observation. She was right, it gives the blazer a finish.
View attachment 613849 View attachment 613850

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
My morning shenanigans on a Whippet Wednesday started early. A Stetson Whippet in a blue felt was my soirée fedora.

i-L2NvJ8s-M.jpg

i-xD4BRWz-M.jpg

I enjoyed coffee wearing "The Brock." This 30-40's hat was made by the Wolthausen Hat Corp, Canadian factory in Brockville, Ontario, Canada. (When Stetson bought out the Wolthausen Hat Corp. in Ontario in 1935, the newspapers announced their plans to make 4 lines of hats at the Canadian factory: Stetson, Brock, Kensington and Horton.)

i-MdN2DrT-M.jpg

i-5cpHFkj-M.jpg

The blueish felt brim has a terrific treatment.

i-mjFg8D7-M.jpg

i-2tBhp2K-M.jpg

i-7qzVQWF-M.jpg

I completed some yard work while under the brim of a Gannon Playboy in bluemist (an Art Fawcet, VS hat, special felt acquired via Winchester).

i-3v2xMpB-M.jpg

i-q2PdRzD-M.jpg

i-rRgRT8g-M.jpg

i-ddKWCJx-M.jpg

i-g2DBnkK-M.jpg

Cheers on Whippet Wednesday, Eric. -

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
My morning shenanigans on a Whippet Wednesday started early. A Stetson Whippet in a blue felt was my soirée fedora.

i-L2NvJ8s-M.jpg

i-xD4BRWz-M.jpg

I enjoyed coffee wearing "The Brock." This 30-40's hat was made by the Wolthausen Hat Corp, Canadian factory in Brockville, Ontario, Canada. (When Stetson bought out the Wolthausen Hat Corp. in Ontario in 1935, the newspapers announced their plans to make 4 lines of hats at the Canadian factory: Stetson, Brock, Kensington and Horton.)

i-MdN2DrT-M.jpg

i-5cpHFkj-M.jpg

i-mjFg8D7-M.jpg

i-2tBhp2K-M.jpg

i-7qzVQWF-M.jpg

I completed some yard work while under the brim of a Gannon Playboy in bluemist (an Art Fawcet, VS hat, special felt acquired via Winchester).

i-3v2xMpB-M.jpg

i-q2PdRzD-M.jpg

i-rRgRT8g-M.jpg

i-ddKWCJx-M.jpg

i-g2DBnkK-M.jpg

I really like the sweat on that Gannon

VoodooSan

Practically Family

i-L2NvJ8s-M.jpg

i-xD4BRWz-M.jpg

i-MdN2DrT-M.jpg

i-5cpHFkj-M.jpg

i-mjFg8D7-M.jpg

i-2tBhp2K-M.jpg

i-7qzVQWF-M.jpg

i-3v2xMpB-M.jpg

i-q2PdRzD-M.jpg

i-rRgRT8g-M.jpg

i-ddKWCJx-M.jpg

i-g2DBnkK-M.jpg

Wow! All gorgeous, (as always), but the color on that Whippet just takes my breath away!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
She is right as usual.
And you, Joe, are as perceptive as usual.
Blazers 27 11 2023 011.JPG
This hat colour is known as: 'Moss Green." A darker green would have suited the blazer better. I have one in Khaki but it still doesn't have that distinct look.
"Black would go better," the lady suggested. "Rather funereal, wouldn't you say?" I replied. That said, my talented lady made me a pair of black trousers which, with the black hat that she suggested, was much better than the Moss Green.
Green Blazer black trousers 003.JPG

Paisley aloha shirt 003.JPG

The green hat is not redundant, far from it.
Not when Tina made the shirt and trousers
to compliment it perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats