Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mighty44

One Too Many
Knox 20
IMG_3555.jpeg

Ahh celery it is…. And here I thought maybe broccoli rabe. Shows what I know. In all fairness my childhood memory of Doctor Who was this gentleman

View attachment 614205
and that was mostly due to my friend’s younger brother who would not come outside with us until he finished his Doctor Who and M.A.S.H. Reruns.

Baker was the first I remember, as well. Back when you had to watch it on the local PBS station with a hazy line down the middle because that's just how the UHF stations looked.

I watched the newer ones through Capaldi but I lost interest after that.

VoodooSan

Practically Family
I am enjoying a VS (Vintage Silhouette) fedora morning. It rained last night and when I brush against the evergreens or trees I get wet and "pollen" rains down on my hat.

A walkabout in a VS fedora in green moss. This hat was inspired by a Stetson Whippet. The felt is as luscious as can be.

i-czRCM2J-M.jpg

i-X3vxkL8-M.jpg

i-MpptZjg-M.jpg

i-8CNFf2L-M.jpg

A VS in silvermist was my fedora for morning coffee. This hat was inspired by the Stetson Westin. The Westin was a Whippet with a different edge treatment. The felt is an Artlite silvermist felt.

i-mbqtDbF-M.jpg

i-Pt9TFzw-M.jpg

i-px5MQN7-M.jpg

i-JHJrthz-M.jpg

I did a couple yard chores in a different VS fedora. The rain yesterday has greened up my grass. This dove (gray) felted hat was inspired by a Stetson Stratoliner. The contrast ribbon is a charcoal hue that is sharp against the light dove felt.

i-TFCnqGR-M.jpg

i-cbFVSz4-M.jpg

i-CLbKzSX-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
A trifecta of VS Goodness! One of my greatest hatting regrets is that, although I knew of his work, I never acquired a single one of Art's wares.

Baker was the first I remember, as well. Back when you had to watch it on the local PBS station with a hazy line down the middle because that's just how the UHF stations looked.

I watched the newer ones through Capaldi but I lost interest after that.
Yes.. PBS for me as well. Ours was actually VHF channel 2. Still South Florida PBS WPBT2 to this day.

The Shoe

One Too Many
New-to-me JBS 3X OR.

This is by far the thinnest felt in my collection beside the featherweights. It actually feels like it will disintegrate in my hand.

Excellent warm-weather felt, glad to add this one to the collection.

View attachment 614433
View attachment 614434
View attachment 614435
View attachment 614436
View attachment 614437
View attachment 614438
View attachment 614439
View attachment 614440
View attachment 614441
Looks like you got yourself along to Uniqlo!
The hat looks great. I’d love to expand my collection of Stetsons beyond the present one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou