Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is it you want more than anything...?

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
GwenLake said:
I want the gumption to sing at my full potential with an audience. I absolutely need to get over my fear of singing in front of people.
I have the same problem and I'm still working on it.

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
I have the same problem and I'm still working on it.
I'm just glad it only happens to me in solos. I'm pretty comfortable with duets. I guess I don't like being alone in the spotlight under scrutiny.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
The Shirt said:
Is it silly to want my BF to want to marry me as much as I want to marry him?
And world peace.
So simple - why hasn't either happened yet?

He's probably waiting for the right time to ask. That's what my guy says. It's all a matter of timing.

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
Ecuador Jim said:
Mosquito problem? :D

All you have to do is build the condo....and they will come

It's not that easy sometimes. I've been attracting martins for 9 years and had only one pair the last two years. It's all about location. They'll be back from South America in March, so maybe this will be the year.

Did you know martins don't actually eat mosquitos...I'm serious:D

The finances and travel budget to be able to woo just about any one of the Ladies of the Lounge, and a chance to do so, would work for me...

sweetfrancaise said:
I really want a nice conversation that doesn't focus on nasty jobs or breakups. Just a catch-up and Hello, I missed you.
Those are always nice, too. Common ground, young lady?;)

scotrace said:
Right. That's just greedy, now isn't it?
Hey, we can't all be totally selfless 24/7, y'know?lol

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Elliot

I want more confidence. In myself and in my abilities. I want the confidence to become the photographer I've known for years that I could be. I enjoyed it as a hobby for many years - shooting (especially in the studio - I love having total control over the lighting! :)), processing, printing - and then I stopped for as many more. Earlier this year I bought a digital point-and-shoot and got the bug again. Now I have the 500C that I'll be using to take pictures of the winner of the photo contest I have going. All I need now is the time and money to get started. I can make the time. The money will trickle in as time goes by.

sweetfrancaise said:
I really want a nice conversation that doesn't focus on nasty jobs or breakups. Just a catch-up and Hello, I missed you.

Normal conversation! I'm glad you brought this up. I want conversation with someone who knows that conversation is a two-way street. I've grown quite weary of people whose sentences always begin before mine end, or who tell me the same things over and over again, ad nauseum. And I would like conversations that includes copius amounts of laughter. :)

Lee

"She had mastered the art of speech, but not the art of conversation." - I knew this woman! lol

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
I want more confidence. In myself and in my abilities. I want the confidence to become the photographer I've known for years that I could be. I enjoyed it as a hobby for many years - shooting (especially in the studio - I love having total control over the lighting! :)), processing, printing - and then I stopped for as many more. Earlier this year I bought a digital point-and-shoot and got the bug again. Now I have the 500C that I'll be using to take pictures of the winner of the photo contest I have going. All I need now is the time and money to get started. I can make the time. The money will trickle in as time goes by.

Lee

"She had mastered the art of speech, but not the art of conversation." - I knew this woman! lol
You've already got it,...just do it.:)
Money is only paper.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Starius said:
First you won't tell us what you're reading and now you won't tell us what you want!

You're so full of mysterious secrets!

lol

:D Yep, sure, that's true! but I did say that I was listening to Sidney Bechet's "Sweet Patootie" didn't I? So there you have it...not so mysterious after all....lollol

$ally said:
"All I ask is a ship and the moon to sail her by"
I'd like to be less socially retarded, look young & pretty, have a new car that is paid off, have an old classic car that is paid off, have a house with a huge sewing/art studio & dance floor/stage that is paid off, and a true gentleman to love me who isn't an addictive personality and who doesn't lie, cheat, or beat.
I don't ask for much.
Ms. $ally, I haven't seen anything blemishing your looks... I've known twentysomethings who woulda killed for your looks! As for "not asking for much"? lol

Sigh... I'm sure any number of the guys here would attempt to submit applications on the latter... alas, I'm too caffeine-dependent and too much of a miniatures-collector to qualify. (The latter is among the worst kinds of addict, even worse than car- or gun-collectors...)

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
MrNewportCustom said:
Normal conversation! I'm glad you brought this up. I want conversation with someone who knows that conversation is a two-way street. I've grown quite weary of people whose sentences always begin before mine end, or who tell me the same things over and over again, ad nauseum. And I would like conversations that includes copius amounts of laughter. :)

Aw, me too! Glad to find some common ground here--what did happen to conversations, anyway?

And I have full confidence that your talents in photography will get you places--when it's something that personal, that deep of a need, you'll find a way to get back on that horse. ;)

sweetfrancaise said:
Aw, me too! Glad to find some common ground here--what did happen to conversations, anyway?
They became an "endangered species" right along with attention-spans longer than those of gnats. Then you've got the folks like me that always have gears turning so that when something you say sparks an idea, it just gets blurted out--common flaw between artiste-types and engineers, it seems...

I'll confess to being guilty of the latter, but I'm always willing to give it a whack if the company's right...;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183