Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What modern invention/innovation do you wish had *never* been developed?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Tennessee fans in your part of the Country?
Probably confused because you have a UT and it's orange as well.
Different shade of course, but I mean, they ARE Tennessee fans. ;)

High-tech telephones.
I just got a new phone at work, and for some reason it's connected to my computer. :eeek:
If I need to hold a conversation, I'll just use the alternate cell phone or walk down the hall. :p

Tennessee fans in your part of the Country?
Probably confused because you have a UT and it's orange as well.
Different shade of course, but I mean, they ARE Tennessee fans. ;)

I meant where I'm from and grew up watching college football....Florida. Georgia was the only team we hated every week, whether we were playing them or not. The rest we just hated on particular Saturdays.

Texas football fans only hate Oklahoma. But only the football team, not the state or people. We never met an Okie we didn't like.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
When I painted my living room last month and re-hung the mantel, I noticed it's almost two inches off level. Right now I've got the low end shimmed up with two folded squares of cardboard and several pieces of a Sherwin-Williams paint stirrer. My house is built on the slope of a hill, but I never realized it sloped *that* much. Does explain why it's hard to keep the mantel clock running right.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I could name several ways a no-frills flip phone is handy. ;)
I have an older style flip phone, and you wouldn't believe the people I work with, that would love to get something "simple" like this one again. It has a camera, but no "I" anything, or apps, and when I close the phone I know the conversation is over.

I have an older style flip phone, and you wouldn't believe the people I work with, that would love to get something "simple" like this one again. It has a camera, but no "I" anything, or apps, and when I close the phone I know the conversation is over.

I have something similar to that, it's a LG, LSG, or MSG or something like that. It has a little keypad, but I rarely use it or the phone. It is great for emergencies or situations of that sort, but then I am not a phone guy. Oh, and it cost very little by today's standards but more than I wanted to pay.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner