Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Technically this isn't the last movie I watched, but rather one I'm going to watch very soon. Just snagged a DVD of Humphrey Bogart in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre for $5 at Walmart earlier this evening.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The International.

What they did to the Guggenheim...:eusa_doh:

[video=youtube;ILj3HlaoOCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILj3HlaoOCg[/video]

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
Merton of the Movies (1947) starring Red Skelton. It was ok, but I prefer his Whistling in Dixie, Brooklyn, and The Dark movies. I've dvr'd a few movies, so tomorrow I plan on watching The Uninvited (1944, Ray Milland) and Mrs. Miniver (1942, Greer Garson). These are two of my favorites movies of all time and I've seen them both umpteen times, but I never tire of watching them. :) I really wish they'd finally put The Uninvited on dvd.

Last edited:

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Although I had seen it years before, I re-watched Wife vs. Secretary (1936) and actually cried while watching it lol It wasn't a good time of the month to watch it *cough* and I just could not help but feel bad for Clark and Jean! Their relationship was so innocent yet all the hatchetface gossipers thought otherwise. I don't know why, but that upset me!! ;)

4509379158_c693c70b79_o.jpg

rue

The Great Gatsby
I hadn't seen it in over ten years and it was better than I remembered.
Being forced to watch movies on Youtube, because the kids have taken over the TV this weekend, made me look for something to watch and now I'm glad they did.
You can watch it starting here

Harp

I'll Lock Up
It's a tough read, but beautiful. All of Nicholas Sparks' books are great, but everyone of them are tearjerkers.

Dear John, which a gal pal insisted I read 'cause
the protagonist-narrator reminded her of someone ;)...
...hoped against hope, but the title said it all. :(

The Great Gatsby
I hadn't seen it in over ten years and it was better than I remembered.

Fitzgerald is considered a difficult screenwrit but Redford nailed Gatsby cold. :eusa_clap

rue

Dear John, which a gal pal insisted I read 'cause
the protagonist-narrator reminded her of someone ;)...
...hoped against hope, but the title said it all. :(
So you didn't like it?

Fitzgerald is considered a difficult screenwrit but Redford nailed Gatsby cold. :eusa_clap

I'm about to read the book, which I never have :eek:, so I'll let you know ;)

I do have a question.... is Daisy supposed to be that annoying or is it just Mia Farrow that played her? Both times I watched it I kept thinking.... run away from her Jay... just run.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
So you didn't like it?

I'm about to read the book, which I never have :eek:, so I'll let you know ;)

I do have a question.... is Daisy supposed to be that annoying or is it just Mia Farrow that played her? Both times I watched it I kept thinking.... run away from her Jay... just run.

Dear John proved its title, a busted flush.
I wanted them to have a storybook happily ever after ending. :(
some guidance in portraying Daisy and Jay.
Gatsby though is a good read. :)

Last edited:

rue

Does Daisy remind you of Catherine in Wuthering Heights?
A lass a bit off the mark, not too appealing or sympathetic....
Fitzgerald may considered Emily Bronte's star-crossed lovers for
some guidance in portraying Daisy and Jay.
Gatsby though is a good read. :)

YES, but much more annoying. I guess I just can't understand a woman that flaky and overdramatic (for lack of better words). She makes me want to grab her and say "Get ahold of yourself". Gatsby was so much better than her.
At any rate, I'm glad you can see it too.

Monsoon

A-List Customer
Last movie I saw?

Sucker Punch.

Good movie. Look beyond the ueber-nerd "hot chicks with automatic weapons" movie. It's about sacrifice. How far are you willing to go to obtain your goals?

Almost Vintage

One of the Regulars
Are you kidding?? :eusa_doh:

Unfortunately, no, I'm not. Bill Murray was the holdout. He didn't like the script and refused to sign on to the project. Then apparently the writers changed and he liked the new script. If I recall correctly, the films will center on the training of new ghost busters and if the films do well, well...

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Please no one shoot me, but I finally saw Gone With the Wind. It was wonderful, and I have no excuse as to why it took me so long to watch the film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran