Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

LadyStardust

Practically Family
My Cousin Rachel- The cinematography and narration really reminded me of The Uninvited, though of course the films have two entirely different plots. Good movie though, liked the ambiguous, but not altogether unexpected end.
Mornig Glory- Kate Hepburn's character annoyed me in this. Stage Door prequel, but not nearly as good. Tolerable, though.
Waxworks- Rather dull silent, but Conrad Veidt as Ivan IV (you know, the Terrible one? :p ) is worthwhile.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Sahara, with Bogie, Bruce Bennett, Lloyd Bridges playing a young English soldier, J. Carroll Naish as an Italian EPW, and host of others. Directed by Zoltan Korda and I'm sure filmed in the Mojave desert, it's the studio system at it's peak, focusing its energy on the war effort. Haven't seen it since I caught it on tv as a kid. It's actually better than I remembered.

barra063

Familiar Face
I just finished watching The Glenn Miller story with 2 of my favourite actors, Jimmy Stewart and June Allyson. Of course I have now broken out my Glenn Miller CD's

Feraud

Bartender
Wally_Hood said:
Sahara, with Bogie, Bruce Bennett, Lloyd Bridges playing a young English soldier, J. Carroll Naish as an Italian EPW, and host of others. Directed by Zoltan Korda and I'm sure filmed in the Mojave desert, it's the studio system at it's peak, focusing its energy on the war effort. Haven't seen it since I caught it on tv as a kid. It's actually better than I remembered.
I always enjoy Sahara. Didn't Bogey say this was his favorite film? Anyway.. I think it is currently running TCM On Demand.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Feraud said:
I always enjoy Sahara. Didn't Bogey say this was his favorite film? Anyway.. I think it is currently running TCM On Demand.

I couldn't locate any sources about his favorite film; coming in the middle of WWII it could be he was caught up in the patriotic fervor of the time. Then again, he very well could have had a high regard for this film. It came after Casablanca but before In a Lonely Place. Dixon Steele seems to be a more complex character than Sgt. Joe Gunn; but, then, Mr. Steele didn't get to hold off a mechanized column of Nazis, Alamo-style...

TCM on Demand??? For cable subscribers only, it appears; bummer, but the Hoods delight in satellite and that dvr gizmo.

Hondo

One Too Many
Captains Courageous (1937)

Spencer Tracy, they don't make'em like this guy any more.
His character Manuel was tug the heart type. I haven't seen this
film in its entire, finaly saw from beginning to end. :eusa_clap

norton

One of the Regulars
Hondo said:
Spencer Tracy, they don't make'em like this guy any more.
His character Manuel was tug the heart type. I haven't seen this
film in its entire, finaly saw from beginning to end. :eusa_clap

I never thought much of Spencer Tracy, but then I saw part of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde the other night. He was incredible!

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I watched "Dillinger" starring Warren Oates (1973). I hadn't seen it in a very long time and someone here mentioned it. It was very enjoyable and Warren Oates was great as was the rest of the cast. Some really well done action/shootout scenes.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
The World Sinks Except for Japan
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

and tonight....
Faster Pussycat, Kill, Kill!

Between the paper I'm writing and the films my friends choose completely for their novelty value/how bizarre the netflix trailer looks, I have seen almost no mainstream films this summer. Hurrah, camp!

JennyLou

Practically Family
Just finished Part I of Band of Brothers. I should probably be studying for finals or applying for jobs but instead I'm going to try and watch the whole series today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy