Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Rome Wasn't Built in a Day"

Wroxeter_Roman_City_%2815%29_-_The_replica_Villa_Urbana_-_geograph.org.uk_-_2309900.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The Brady Bunch, Peter uses a tape recorder to tape the kids conversations without their knowledge.
Not as good as the dunking tank episode, but tolerable for a BB fan.

That's a good one. One of my favorite 'Kramer' episodes. Especially when George brings in the squirrel lol

Yeah, it is a really good Kramer story with the absurdity of the Merv Griffin set and the fake talkshow with guests, and the squirrel surgery with the tiny tools. It is insanity such as this that made the show so funny.
:D

The Brady Bunch, Peter uses a tape recorder to tape the kids conversations without their knowledge.
Not as good as the dunking tank episode, but tolerable for a BB fan.

I hated the Brady Bunch when I was a kid because whenever Greg, Peter or Bobby got in trouble they would get off with a mild "I'm disappointed in you" lecture from Dad. If I did half as bad as they did, I'd never hear the end of it from my parents! :p lol

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
I just started watching a very interesting HBO program called Vice.
Video journalists travel the world and report on the little know goings-on that are never reported on American television.

Vice has touched down in Pyongyang, Monrovia, Tehran, Darfur, Nouakchott, Dakar and Peshawar, among other potential hot spots. The resulting view tends to be raw and unvarnished, a side of the world you won't find in tourist brochures - or, Smith says with regret, on the nightly news. When presenting stories from around the world, Smith says, when showing "some of the scariest, weirdest and most ridiculous customs and practices known to humanity," it's imperative that Vice grab the viewer from the get go.

Otherwise there's no point.

"How we execute content is completely different than anything anyone else is doing."
http://www.theprovince.com/entertainment/puts+Vice+news/8332400/story.html

Here are summaries of two episodes-
“Assassination Nation”: In the Philippines, election season is more like hunting season. Rivals simply rub out their opponents instead of defeating them at the polls. In the 2010 election year alone, more than 100 people were killed due to political violence. Vice follows the cycle of violence in this gun-crazy island nation all the way from an underground factory where illicit weapons are made to the villages full of young men who can’t wait to get their hands on them.

“Killer Kids of the Taliban”: In Afghanistan, senior members of the Taliban are now manipulating children and teenagers into carrying out their suicide bombings. They brainwash illiterate kids not well-versed in their own religion, and even fool them into believing they will survive the blast. Vice meets with young kids who were captured before they blew themselves and others up, as well as some of the victims of these tragic bombings.

It's a program well worth watching.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Game of Thrones... I'm real late to the party, but I've watched all three seasons recently and I'm up to date. Anyone else enjoying this?
Does it have it own thread?
Maybe I'm geeking out too much?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21