Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

I don't think I'm gonna buy an Eldorado, now. 12mpg highway was almost enough deterrent, but spending that kinda money on the front end every few years, geesh!

Like I understand FWD demons. All I know is that every 4-8 years I have to spend about $4,000 to rebuild the front end of the Eldorado because it invariably falls apart after that long. The CV boots get screwed etc, etc. :rolleyes: It is a money maker for the shops and dealerships I guess.
Well that was obvious from the video. lol lol

I don't think I'm gonna buy an Eldorado, now. 12mpg highway was almost enough deterrent, but spending that kinda money on the front end every few years, geesh!

Yeah, well I got it for free and it wasn't worth what I paid for it. :p My mother actually broke an axle once----on the way out to the dealership to get the FWD devil fixed. It is not confined to that car though. A friend of mine had to have the FWD on her Honda rebuilt too and it is only about 4 years old. FWD the gift that keeps on taking. :mad:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Get one prior to 67, rear wheel drive up to that point.
I've driven a 71, 74, and 76. All are about the same, and all literally float down the road. Best riding car I've ever been in. :)
The older ones shouldn't ride any different though.

To "steer" us back, tonight I watched Miami Vice Golden Triangle parts 1 and 2. Still good. :eusa_clap

I've driven a 71, 74, and 76. All are about the same, and all literally float down the road. Best riding car I've ever been in. :)

To "steer" us back, tonight I watched Miami Vice Golden Triangle parts 1 and 2. Still good. :eusa_clap
The 1957 Eldorado Biarritz would be a good choice. :p

Oh and Mars Attacks. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The 1957 Eldorado Biarritz would be a good choice. :p

Oh and Mars Attacks. :p
Tom would have to sell all his cars for that one.

Adam 12, 2 episodes. It's funny because I can see character actors that were later used in Dragnet or Emergency. They were on Adam 12 as a test I suppose.

Yeah, I'd love a 59 Eldo Biarritz.

I was looking at a '76 and a '77 that were bargains, but just too bad on gas for me.

Oh, yes, the human fund! The gift you don't even have to pay for :p

A good one but no. George works for Kruger and gives Christmas presents to his coworkers in honor of the "Human Fund."
:D

..so I've heard.
All I knew about his: "Hey, there's that Power Juicer fella from TV" :D

It was on for 34 years! From 1951 to 1985! Geez! I remember some of the feats of strength he did even when he got older. Including,
at sixty, swimming from Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf handcuffed, shackled and towing a thousand-pound boat, and at seventy, battling currents while handcuffed and shackled, towing seventy boats holding seventy people for a mile and a half across Long Beach Harbor!

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It was on for 34 years! From 1951 to 1985! Geez! I remember some of the feats of strength he did even when he got older. Including,
at sixty, swimming from Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf handcuffed, shackled and towing a thousand-pound boat, and at seventy, battling currents while handcuffed and shackled, towing seventy boats holding seventy people for a mile and a half across Long Beach Harbor!
:eeek:
That man is a miracle!
No wonder he crushed Schwarzenegger in an informal contest. lol

:eeek:
That man is a miracle!
No wonder he crushed Schwarzenegger in an informal contest. lol

He did?! I must have missed that one but I don't doubt it. lol lol

Oh wait, I found the story:
"When a 21-year-old Arnold Schwarzenegger first came to America in 1968, he witnessed 54-year-old Jack LaLanne down on Venice Beach in California doing thousands of push-ups and chin-ups. A challenge was declared — and Arnold, the youngest Mr. Universe at the time, went on to lose. Badly.

"I beat him in chin-ups and push-ups," LaLanne says. "He said, 'That Jack LaLanne's an animal! I was sore for four days. I couldn't lift my arms!' "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner