Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

I thought that was very well done and not hokey. The explanations of the Gulf Stream moving debris far away from the accident site and conditions for rogue waves being prevalent were both thoughtful and scientifically grounded. The part about worm holes seemed far fetched, but at least most of it was better than the usual hokum one sees on the Bermuda Triangle.

Yeah, it was nice to see an explanation that didn't include alien kidnappings or involvement.
:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I haven't seen it, but Spader has always been one of my favorite actors.
He's less about flooding the market with his name, and more about doing projects that interest him because he needs the money right then.

Blacklist last night. But the way the plot is developing I don't know how they will keep it running past the current series. Nice to see James Spader in a starring role.
I hope they're going to wrap up the completely unnecessary subplot with the husband soon, but I'm guessing they're going to stretch that as far as they can. With the show's premise they can keep it going as long as Red has names on the list (and as long as it gets good ratings, of course), but I could see it devolve into just another formulaic "This is the man/woman we're looking for this week, let's go get him/her" detective show if they're not careful; it probably would have already if Spader hadn't made Red such an intriguing character through his performances.

DNO

One Too Many
Vikings has become one of my very, very few regular shows and you're quite right about this season. The writing was decent in season one but this season it has become excellent. The acting is consistently good. The contrast in 'Blood Eagle' between the English wedding and the Viking wedding was fascinating. And Floki! Great character.

It was quite the grisly end for Jarl Borg.

Last edited:
Vikings has become one of my very, very few regular shows and you're quite right about this season. The writing was decent in season one but this season it has become excellent. The acting is consistently good. The contrast in 'Blood Eagle' between the English wedding and the Viking wedding was fascinating. And Floki! Great character.

It was quite the grisly end for Jarl Borg.

That actor playing King Ecbert is also doing a fantastic job and will be quite a foil for Ragnar and, quietly, the actor playing Athelstan (the Christian Priest capture by Ragnar) remains one of the most interesting story lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy