Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Dave Clark Five and Beyond - Glad All Over. Before The Beatles Vs. The Stones, long before Beatles Vs. The Monkees, there was, The Beatles Vs. The DC-5! 18 times on the Ed Sullivan Show, 17 records in the Top 40 , 50 million records, fifteen consecutive top 20 hits their first two years. They also inspired a lot of musicians. Sir Paul McCartney grudgingly respected them, Bruce Springsteen and Steven Van Zandt, Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Gene Simmons, and the late Freddie Mercury. Dave was smart, he had been in movies as an extra, so he managed the group, and got all the rights to their songs. About, the only group to come out of the 60s rich! He also had a rule, the band would only work 5 days a week, and have two to have fun! They quit at the top, and there were no hurt feelings. That is some class!

Feraud

Bartender
HBO has a new series called Silicon Valley.
This piece from the Stanford Daily is a good primer on the show.
Set in the not-too-distant city of Palo Alto, Calif., the HBO comedy “Silicon Valley,” which premiered April 6, follows the lives of Richard Hendrix (Thomas Middleditch) and his cynical band of programmers as they traverse the tech-infested waters of Silicon Valley. Even in the mecca of apps, software and websites, a geek is neither safe nor understood. In creator Mike Judge’s eyes, Silicon Valley is a cutthroat world – if you can’t code or can’t think of the “next big thing,” you’re out.
As technology has become more advanced and more inclusive to all members of society, computer programming has changed. It is not only about skill, but also about the human interface. “Brogrammers” (a deliciously coined term that reflects the more handsome programmers) and savvy businessmen can thrive, whereas the “traditional geek” cannot. They lack the charisma needed to connect and network with other people; because of this, Richard and his friends are behind in their field, even if their computing talents say otherwise.
It was a good first episode. I'd expect no less from Mike Judge.

I love it when he says, "extatestial." it is just one more reason to pay him attention.
:D

You mean after the Mollari hair.
h6CDFA11E

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
True but the Meathead doesn't fall far from the tree. :p
I saw Carl on the Seinfeld series Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee.
He had a large house, but not huge, and the den was modest but not gaudy like most stars these days.
Here is a pic of him, Jerry, and Mel Brooks.
carlreinereating.jpg
Apparently Mel Brooks has been eating dinner over there for over 40 yrs, every night.
They watch Jeopardy together while eating. :D
Thankfully Meathead didn't drop by to muss up the whole thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24