Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

That's the rage. The formula is the same each episode: a failing bar, an idiot of an owner, an unqualified staff, and the over the top rescuer. Conflict, failure, salvation. Viola! A money making show in three easy steps. :D

Oh yeah, he does appear to be a heart attack in the making.

I watch the show once in a while as well. I just goes to show that anyone can run a bar---into the ground. :p

Worf

I'll Lock Up
^^^^ A friend of mine, a lawyer... now a Federal Judge, a brilliant man in most regards... came to me one day and told me that he and some friends of his were going to re-open a bar that had been closed. Having played in many a bar and bounced in a few in my time I warned him to absolutely no avail. Within 2 years the place was shuttered, 3 of the 4 partners were divorced or getting divorced and my friend had lost a substantial portion of his savings. I sooner burn my money in the furnace than go into the bar business, at least I'd get some heat out of it.

Worf

^^^^ A friend of mine, a lawyer... now a Federal Judge, a brilliant man in most regards... came to me one day and told me that he and some friends of his were going to re-open a bar that had been closed. Having played in many a bar and bounced in a few in my time I warned him to absolutely no avail. Within 2 years the place was shuttered, 3 of the 4 partners were divorced or getting divorced and my friend had lost a substantial portion of his savings. I sooner burn my money in the furnace than go into the bar business, at least I'd get some heat out of it.

Worf

I think I could do it but I am not stupid enough to try. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up

Worf
Send it to me, I'll burn it for you.
Wait, how much of an investment would you be making?
Do I have enough to buy one of these? :D
greenmark.jpg
Did I say burn it? I meant blow it. :lol:

Deadliest Catch.

:D

James, a Tuxedo black is too common place.
I want something different, but not white or yellow.
And especially not with tan or saddle interior.
Green, I know...so 70's.

But a tuxedo is still old world class. Green is just---green. :doh: I was looking at the new Cadillac colors and they do not offer anything that remotely looks that green even though they label one silver green as green . It just looks silver though. :p

The Blacklist. I think they're going to milk the "Lizzie's Husband" subplot for all it's worth...which isn't much.

Deadliest Catch. One of the few places on Earth where people want to catch crabs. :D

First N' Second. Firebirds, that is. Based on the promos for next week's episode, I guess the Internet rumors about Tom and Jordan getting fired are true.

Ink Master. The pressures of competition really seem to be getting the better of some of the contestants this season.

Black yes, white no. I need a black car. I've never had one. :p
Believe me, you don't want one. They show every little speck of dust, dirt, bird droppings, lint, pollen, tree sap, insect spatter, rain water spots, gutter water spots, and/or anything else you can think of that might attach itself to the paint. Unless you plan to wash it every other day, in which case you'd be fine.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Zombie is right.
I've had 16 cars since 1985.
Based on that, here are the colors I had, and would have again.
Black (2), Green (1), Red (2) if kept waxed, Dark Blue (3), Light Blue (1), Maroon/Red Pearl (1)
Here are the colors I had, that I'll never have again.
White (1), Gold (1), Rust (1).
I left 3 out because I'll have to go back in my memory (or pictures) and remember what they are. LOL
Darks are hard to keep clean, but when they are clean, they are some of the best looking cars/trucks on the road.
Whites (or light colors) are okay, and they show dirt less (which is why 73 out of my 74 vehicles at work are white), but they are a pain to wash and wax if the sun is out. Plus on really sunny days, the glare (even with sun glasses) is unnerving.
Gold just sucks, no other way to say that. The car was gold when I got it, I repainted it that color, and sold it (came out even).
Rust is okay if it's tastefully done, mine wasn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points