Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Believe me, you don't want one. They show every little speck of dust, dirt, bird droppings, lint, pollen, tree sap, insect spatter, rain water spots, gutter water spots, and/or anything else you can think of that might attach itself to the paint. Unless you plan to wash it every other day, in which case you'd be fine.
And every hairline scratch or mark. Some of the worst looking black cars come from people who are obsessed with keeping them spotless, because inevitably, you're going to get something abrasive between the rag and the car. Almost every black car I've ever seen that was waxed has swirl scratches in it. Dark cars are a losing battle, and they suck in the summer sun.

Believe me, you don't want one. They show every little speck of dust, dirt, bird droppings, lint, pollen, tree sap, insect spatter, rain water spots, gutter water spots, and/or anything else you can think of that might attach itself to the paint. Unless you plan to wash it every other day, in which case you'd be fine.

I could wash it frequently. I can't think of a better color for a limo.:p

Zombie is right.
I've had 16 cars since 1985.
Based on that, here are the colors I had, and would have again.
Black (2), Green (1), Red (2) if kept waxed, Dark Blue (3), Light Blue (1), Maroon/Red Pearl (1)
Here are the colors I had, that I'll never have again.
White (1), Gold (1), Rust (1).
I left 3 out because I'll have to go back in my memory (or pictures) and remember what they are. LOL
Darks are hard to keep clean, but when they are clean, they are some of the best looking cars/trucks on the road.
Whites (or light colors) are okay, and they show dirt less (which is why 73 out of my 74 vehicles at work are white), but they are a pain to wash and wax if the sun is out. Plus on really sunny days, the glare (even with sun glasses) is unnerving.
Gold just sucks, no other way to say that. The car was gold when I got it, I repainted it that color, and sold it (came out even).
Rust is okay if it's tastefully done, mine wasn't.
You have only had one green car?! Hmmmmmm.....:rofl:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fargo.

Something tells me Martin Freeman's character is going to come out of all this smelling like a rose.

I hope so. Lester, the Poor man has been bullied & a victim for far too long.
Not a bad American character for an Englishman :)
Loved the first episode ..!

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
I hope so. Lester, the Poor man has been bullied & a victim for far too long.
Not a bad American character for an Englishman :)
Loved the first episode ..!

He's really the only reason I'm watching the show. It's fascinating to see how different he is than the character of Watson. Now I need to see the Hobbit.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
How It's Made. Classic WACO YMF-5C biplane. If you want to know, what I would spend my Lottery money on, look no farther!
[video=youtube;1qIELksMNCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qIELksMNCg[/video]

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
A green Essex hotrod?! :faint:
Actually I was going to paint it twilight blue, which is a Ford color used on the Thunderbird SC.
I settled for painting another car (at the time) that color, and the dash plate of the Essex.
Such as seen on this car.
mustangblue.jpg
Beautiful color, that looks black at night until you pass under a street light.
The Essex color is called Panama Blue, but I can't find it online.
Then again search engines have become so dern general, I've learned way too much about Panama now. :D

Last night it was Are You Being Served Season (Series) 2, episode 4.

Greyryder

One of the Regulars
Mountain Monsters. Those hill-jacks never cease to entertain.

Still trying to figure out what that shapeless lump of felt on Huckleberry's head used to be.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Planes, Cranes and Rockets. The Smithsonian move from the outdated Garber Facility in Suitland, Maryland, to their new location at the Udvar-Hazy Center in Virginia. Every American owes a debt of gratitude to Paul Edward Garber!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112