Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Fast N' Loud. The episode wherein Tom and Jordan are fired. That episode really irked me. It feels like they are going the way of Orange County Choppers by bringing in some kiss-up parrot robots and dumping the likeable entertaining guys.
:D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Another episode of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey. Not sure why it is not more popular with this crowd? There is more action and violence then the UFC. We are talking destruction on a global and even Galaxy scale!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Generation War (in German with subtitles) about a group of Berlin friends and how the war effects them. Shot like Band of Brothers, it gives a German angle to the war.

Fast N' Loud. The episode wherein Tom and Jordan are fired. That episode really irked me. It feels like they are going the way of Orange County Choppers by bringing in some kiss-up parrot robots and dumping the likeable entertaining guys.
Being likeable and entertaining might make for good television, but it doesn't get cars rebuilt. I was a little surprised by Jordan's dismissal--he seemed to be a competent and capable mechanic and didn't appear to be causing any problems at the garage, but I did notice he seemed to have a bit of an "attitude" this season; I doubt we'll ever find out what the true reasons were. I'll miss Tom; I don't know if he's a good mechanic, but he was always good for a laugh.

Telling the manager to "chill the F out" might not have been a good idea either.:doh:
I find it interesting how that version of the story comes from TMZ--aren't they the National Enquirer of celebrity gossip news? Regardless, Rawlings said there were a number of factors that led to him firing Tom and Justin and that it wasn't prompted by one single incident.

Being likeable and entertaining might make for good television, but it doesn't get cars rebuilt. I was a little surprised by Jordan's dismissal--he seemed to be a competent and capable mechanic and didn't appear to be causing any problems at the garage, but I did notice he seemed to have a bit of an "attitude" this season; I doubt we'll ever find out what the true reasons were. I'll miss Tom; I don't know if he's a good mechanic, but he was always good for a laugh.

Tom was Fast N' Loud's version of Mikey on Orange County Choppers. He brought needed humor to the show which is just as much about entertainment as it is about building cars and aking a profit. Rawlings is an arrogant turd as is his new project manager.

Feraud

Bartender
The Sundance Channel has a program called The Writers' Room. It's hosted by Jim Rash who interviews the writing team of popular television programs. The writers discuss their process and random talk relating to the programs they work on.
I watched the episode with the creator of Breaking BadVince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, and the writers. It was a decent enough program.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
My wife introduced me to Land Girls from the BBC. We semi-binge-watched up to the start of season three. Some the the plots and dialogue are predictable, but if you like soap opera set in WW2, this can fill an evening quite nicely.

DesertDan

One Too Many
River Monsters
After watching this series I'll confine my aquatic recreational activities to swimming pools from now on! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner