Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Actually, I thought that was exactly how the situation would be resolved; I just wasn't sure about the details. To say more would be revealing too much, so I'll just leave it at that for now so as not to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen the episode yet.

Conceptually, I thought it was philosophically interesting, but they could have combined the last two episodes into one - I thought most of it was dragged out way too long (especially, the first episode this season).

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Masterpiece Mystery:Endeavor.
The TV movie prequel to Endeavor the series, based on the character Inspector Morse.
Very well written, with great locations, cars, and fashion.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Some show about repossessing airplanes and yachts. Can't remember the name, but the repossessed a Stearman, so I had to watch!

Conceptually, I thought it was philosophically interesting, but they could have combined the last two episodes into one - I thought most of it was dragged out way too long (especially, the first episode this season).
I agree, but if they had combined the last two episodes I think the story would have felt too rushed. Sometimes it just takes time to tell the story they want to tell. [huh]

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have missed that somehow! Just added it to my Amazon watchlist.
There is also a season 1 of the tv series that followed.
Season 1 is free (4 90 min episodes), then season 2 is pay by the episode, and season 3 slated to start in 2016.
Yes 2016...
The series is called Endeavor, same actors, same time period, and WELL worth your time.
Once you watch the MP movie, you'll add the series BELIEVE ME!
If only all shows were made with this quality.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Hell on Wheels. From what I understand, Common wanted out of his contract. Working in Canada on the show for long periods was getting in the way of his main gig, hip-hop. While the child in me enjoyed some of the novelty aspects of the tribe episode, the rifled arc reeked of writing him out of the story in a hurry. Reminded me of how hastily Matthew Crawley was written out of Downton Abbey because Dan Stevens wanted off the show. I don't know why I continue to bitch about Hell on Wheels. It's a poorly constructed show, and it is consistent in being so. It's my misgiving that I keep hoping it will rise to a higher level.

Hell on Wheels. From what I understand, Common wanted out of his contract. Working in Canada on the show for long periods was getting in the way of his main gig, hip-hop. While the child in me enjoyed some of the novelty aspects of the tribe episode, the rifled arc reeked of writing him out of the story in a hurry...
I had also read that Common wanted to leave the show to focus on his musical career. Considering the final episode of the previous season, they could just as easily have written Elam out by having him die as a result of the bear attack even though they had hinted he survived it. My guess is that Common revealed his desire to leave the show after the current season had begun filming, and they thought this story arc would somehow provide more closure for the fans rather than simply having Bohannon or another character discover his body in the wilderness. [huh]

I also read that the producers and writers originally wanted to save Elam's demise for the end of the season, but ultimately felt it would be unfair to the audience to tease his return for a full season only to have him end up dead.

Last edited:
This is an excellent point. It's a good example of how this show hops from potential to farce.

In the first episode of this season, they could have just made a reference to him having been killed by the bear at the end of last season and been done with it at that. Again, this season's first two episodes weren't terrible, but I could have done without them as they made a fifteen minute point in two hours.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR