Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Finally started watching "Luther" on Netflix. Decent show... I admired Idris Elba from his days on "The Wire". He's turned into quite the "Character Actor" what with his work on "Prometheus" and "Pacific Rim". Lean, mean "tough guy", love watching him work.

Worf

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Finally started watching "Luther" on Netflix. Decent show... I admired Idris Elba from his days on "The Wire". He's turned into quite the "Character Actor" what with his work on "Prometheus" and "Pacific Rim". Lean, mean "tough guy", love watching him work.

Worf
I saw that show on Netflix, but haven't added it to my que.
To be honest, there are SO many British crime shows in HD offered on Netflix, that I'm hesitant.
Why? Well it's as if someone is just churning these out with a similar look, formula etc.
I tend to gravitate towards the period shows, such as Foyle's War and Endeavor (prequel to Inspector Morse) for example.
For me it's about the writing, period correctness, and ability for the actor/actress to interpret the story.

Ice Road Truckers.
Which is why I'm online posting, until this crap is over, and my wife says "what's next?"
Then Foyle's War.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I saw that show on Netflix, but haven't added it to my que.
To be honest, there are SO many British crime shows in HD offered on Netflix, that I'm hesitant.
Why? Well it's as if someone is just churning these out with a similar look, formula etc.
I tend to gravitate towards the period shows, such as Foyle's War and Endeavor (prequel to Inspector Morse) for example.
For me it's about the writing, period correctness, and ability for the actor/actress to interpret the story.

Ice Road Truckers.
Which is why I'm online posting, until this crap is over, and my wife says "what's next?"
Then Foyle's War.

British crime IMHO is streets ahead of the mainstream US offerings. Shows like "Wire in the Blood" and "Waking the Dead" make all the CSI, NCIS stuff look like absolute pap.

Latest we watched was "New Tricks" as the mother-in-law sent us the DVDs for the first two seasons and the better half and I loved it. Quite different from most crime dramas as it has a thick vein of humour through it. Most enjoyable. And for me personally I have a soft spot for Dennis Waterman having grown up with "Minder" and "The Sweeney". I can't believe we haven't discovered it sooner - but that's the price you pay for not watching broadcast telly that much.

"Foyles War" is wonderful. Some of the later ones set after the war are even better as they have a darker, suspicious atmosphere which captures the early Cold War feel.

Last edited:
How is it?

It was better than I thought it would. I was entertained by the subtle (or was it?) insertion of villians to be. It has some actors I find to be entertaining, but they will be at the mercy of the quality of directing and scripting. I will watch it for a while before I give it a thumbs up or down.
:D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The True Story - Master and Commander. Disappointing to hear the movie was fiction. It had some truth, the French ship was actually the USS Constitution. Old Iron Side won 42 battles and was never defeated, why couldn't they just make a movie about that?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Resurrecting Richard III. They found a young man with scoliosis like Richard, and put him through the paces in armor on a war horse and on foot, very fascinating findings!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Wicked Tuna. And about half of two installments of Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts'. I recommend both programs!

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda