Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Game of Thrones" and "Mad Men" off of DVR. Whodda thunk it that Varis, the Eunuch. the "Spider", the "Whisperer", the king of spies... would turn out to be about the most selfless of em all. As for DD... Don Juan Draper... phew... whatta mess. He's good to be rid of the French Canadian piece of fluff and her whole crazed family.

Worf

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Game of Thrones

To the writers...
Let it be known throughout the realm that if you decide to do away with "Tyrion Lannister"

you will be "killing the goose that laid the golden eggs!" :D

sfdn3l.png

"Game of Thrones" and "Mad Men" off of DVR. Whodda thunk it that Varis, the Eunuch. the "Spider", the "Whisperer", the king of spies... would turn out to be about the most selfless of em all. As for DD... Don Juan Draper... phew... whatta mess. He's good to be rid of the French Canadian piece of fluff and her whole crazed family.

Worf

Varis is for the Mother of the dragons. That was interesting.

We all know how that will end though. :p

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Code of a Killer:
A two-part, ninety minutes each part, police drama television series, which tells the true story of Alec Jeffreys' discovery of DNA fingerprinting and its introductory use by Detective David Baker in catching the double murderer Colin Pitchfork.

Set in 1984, Detective David Baker leads an investigation of the vicious murders of the two Leicestershire schoolgirls, Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth. Alec Jeffreys at the time was an ambitious scientist who uncovered a remarkable method to read each individual's unique DNA finger print.

Convinced the murderer was local, Baker approached Jeffreys to utilise his newly discovered scientific technique as a way to solve the murders. The first ever DNA manhunt and blood testing of many men followed - all in the aid of catching the killer.

Some of our press described it as stodgy, nonetheless it was dramatized to give it appeal. It was aired over two weeks. I saw the first part last week, could hardly wait to see the second part last night.

My girlfriend and I have been watching "The Alfred Hitchcock Present" hour episodes on MeTV (dvr'd of course) and it is bugging me that after an episode where the entire point is how well the crooks or killers got away with what happened - Hitch will come on to tell us how the cops ultimately caught them or they turned themselves in.

Last night, in an episode about a married woman and her lover trying to kill her husband - but where the woman, ultimately, accidentally kills her lover - it was clear that nobody was going to get caught as it looked like an accident. But then Hitch came on to tells us the woman and her husband confessed (it got complicated, but the husband figured out what she was trying to do and, effectively, had the boyfriend killed in his place). I have to believe that Hitch was forced by the actual or implied code of TV of the time to do this; I can't believe he wanted to undermine his own story.

Away from that, these have been pretty enjoyable stories with great clothes, cars, homes, etc. to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner