Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

The Odd Couple (2015). Considering all of the good things I've heard about it he wrote sarcastically, I thought I'd watch an episode to see for myself just how bad it is. Hoo boy. Thomas Lennon is usually very good at playing quirky characters like Felix, but everything he does just seems forced and overly practiced. And when was Matthew Perry replaced by an audio-animatronic character from Disneyland? He was very stiff and robotic, and I don't think he blinked once during the entire episode. Drugs? Botox? A voodoo priestess in the wings?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Matthew Perry isn't an actor. He has a single character that gets very slightly tweaked from role to role (yes, most actors in Hollywood, but this guy is on the extreme end of the scale).

The original series? Or the modern knock-off?
(Just curious?)

One of my favorite episodes of the original series guest starred David Wayne as a conman.
There were another two episodes that had a similar conman played by a different actor, but I cannot remember his name offhand. The last name of the character in those two episodes was something like Fyler? Maybe Harry Fyler? Only about thirty years since I saw a rerun of any of these.

The knock-off although I prefer the original. This modern thing is was too weird for me. McGarret and Dano have a very weird relationship in the modern one. :doh:

The Odd Couple (2015). Considering all of the good things I've heard about it he wrote sarcastically, I thought I'd watch an episode to see for myself just how bad it is. Hoo boy. Thomas Lennon is usually very good at playing quirky characters like Felix, but everything he does just seems forced and overly practiced. And when was Matthew Perry replaced by an audio-animatronic character from Disneyland? He was very stiff and robotic, and I don't think he blinked once during the entire episode. Drugs? Botox? A voodoo priestess in the wings?

Owing to my enjoyment of the original TV series, I watched one-and-a-half episodes of this new version and would put it in the top-three bad sitcom re-boots ever. And, yes, Perry, who was always two dimensional, but acceptable on "Friends," is painfully cardboard here showing no ability to carry a show without five other leads and better writing.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Agents of SHIELD off the dvr; followed by the Daredevil pilot from Netflix.
SHIELD is starting to feel like Heroes rebooted.
I like the sense of humor; they're not afraid to crack jokes and poke fun at themselves.

Feraud

Bartender
My wife made the same comment about Perry's worse than usual acting. He was my least favorite "friend" so I may skip this program..

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Real Story: Apollo 13. Jim Lovell never said, "Houston, we have a problem!" Instead, quite a while after the explosion, Jack Swigert said, "Houston, we've had a problem." The crew never fought and Gene Kranz never cursed once, though he did smoke a lot! If you have ever known any astronauts or test pilots, the real transcript wont surprise you! Calm and collective, just another Sunday drive. Why does Hollywood always have to add drama where none is needed? [video=youtube;nRSpN9tioDA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRSpN9tioDA[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner