Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

What kind was it?

Just got done watching Andy Griffith and Gunsmoke.

A mid seventies brown Cheverolet. We were stoked as kids because it had an eight track player, air conditioning, and plenty of room for long trips. Dad loved the way it handled as it floated down the highway.

Currently watching UFC while tooling about. I really really like Christmas Break!
:D

c

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Just watched the Christmas special (i.e. the last episode of Season 3) of Downton Abbey. Good gracious. I can't believe the way it ended. If I had watched it on Christmas Day, I would have been even MORE depressed than I already was!

slc

Familiar Face
A few nights ago we watched The Andy Griffith episode where Andy had to eat three big spaghetti dinners in one evening because Goober crossed up the telephone messages. So many of those old shows simple problems could have been solved if only they would talk to each other and explain things. But then, I suppose, it would not be as funny.

You know it, I'm a classy kinda fella :p

I think that it's sad how people overlook the station wagon. Back in the days of the family being a close-knit unit which valued each other, a station wagon was a practical family hauler. They were perfect for hauling the kids to scout meetings, baseball practice, getting groceries, or family vacations.

They used to be in just about every driveway in America, especially if a family, or the owner of a camper lived there. Sadly, as SUV's and Minivans have caught on, the wood-paneled behemoths that once ruled the highways have slowly disappeared into obscurity. As an Ed Bruce song says "Another piece of America's lost." No tears are shed, and few will even notice, until they see one of the few family cruisers that still proudly roam the pavement and think "Wow, whatever happened to those?"

Of course, there's the practicality and easy maintenance of the body-on-frame, RWD construction. These unibody, transverse engine jobs are a nightmare. No thank you.

Anywho, I'm watching Cajun Pawn Stars right now.

Stationwagons killed themselves by getting really ugly in the 1970s. They were big and ugly. Nobody wanted that and away they went. Before that in the 50s-60s the wagons were the innovation end of the car maket. They stopped innovating and just made them bigger and uglier---that didn't work.
Now the SUV is the innovation end of the car market.
Older limos are fairly cheap though when you look around. :p
Oh and I saw the Cajun Pawn Stars marathon too. :p

Stationwagons killed themselves by getting really ugly in the 1970s. They were big and ugly. Nobody wanted that and away they went. Before that in the 50s-60s the wagons were the innovation end of the car maket. They stopped innovating and just made them bigger and uglier---that didn't work.
Now the SUV is the innovation end of the car market.
Older limos are fairly cheap though when you look around. :p
Oh and I saw the Cajun Pawn Stars marathon too. :p

What wasn't made uglier in the seventies?

Stationwagon coddler! :p
My father had a 1981 Ford Granada Wagon. That cured me of any love I might have had for modern stationwagons. It had three speeds---stop, go and breakdown.

The Chevy never broke down and had plenty of room for our journey to the fine state of Georgia every few years. It was a reliable beast that towed our trailer wherever we needed during our week long summer trips. I will never speak ill of this treasured member of our family. It now rests peacefully in a shed waiting for the day when my father takes it out for another trip.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
What wasn't made uglier in the seventies?
Charlies Angels....

Our wagon was white with a "zebra" pattern upholstery. :eeek:
Styling did take a backseat if not the "wayback" area of a wagon during the 70's.
The only styling I remember that is now classic and sought after, is the Ford F-100 truck.
Personally, I think Tom needs to remember the 70's with a tribute on one of his wagons.
A shaker hood and screaming bird would be nice. :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I do watch a lot of 70's shows, so maybe I've gotten used to the look.
Tonight it was The Munsters, 2 episodes with Paul Lynde in them. (yeah that's 60's but I love the Munsters)
As well as The Brady Bunch.

I personally like the 70's wagons. I thought they were quite lavish, with those interiors like Victorian Parlors, big chrome bumpers, hideaway lamps, and miles of Di-Noc down the sides.

Mom had a '77 LTD when were were kids. Loved that car.

Anywho, watched a little Rockford Files, plenty of station wagon action in that show too lol

I personally like the 70's wagons. I thought they were quite lavish, with those interiors like Victorian Parlors, big chrome bumpers, hideaway lamps, and miles of Di-Noc down the sides.

Mom had a '77 LTD when were were kids. Loved that car.

Anywho, watched a little Rockford Files, plenty of station wagon action in that show too lol

Di-Noc!? :eusa_doh: That is one of the reasons I hate them. :p
Green and Di-noc:
1977FordLTDIISquire.jpg

:puke: Oops same color. :p
As opposed to:
1936_plymouth_westchester_woody-station_wagon.jpg

Hi All

I watched an episode of BONAZA today. The hat that Dan Blocker AKA Horse Cartwright was wearing must of weight 10lbs
A giant of a hat, clearly the largest hat I ever saw on the head of a human being.
You had to love Horse and Little Joe and Hop Sing etc.
Best regards
CCJ

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The 70s clothing, hair and cars did them no justice. They could have looked better. The 70s hampered their good name and looks. :p
Don't even get me started on the Cobra II. We were all pumped when we heard Ford was coming out with the next generation Cobra, then we saw it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner