Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Walking Dead" - Not a terrible lot happened this week. They just set up a show down between Rick and the Cops down in ATL. Still don't know what the dealeo is with "Holy Joe" and his church. Can't trust nooooobody!

Worf

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I thought Hell on Wheels "Thirteen Steps" (episode 12) was pretty awful. Coming off such a great episode ("Bleeding Kansas") didn't help but to shine a bright light on how inconsistent and pretentious the writing and directing can be. I don't know why they want to get so artsy with this show. This isn't MOMA. It's certainly not MOMA in a cheesy Harlequin chapter.

I liked the low-key, tie everything up in a bow feel of "Further West" (episode 13, season finale). Like some reviewers said, it reeked of "we don't know if we're going to get renewed for a fifth season, so we'll show our viewers the courtesy of gathering it all together." Having said that, why waste your limited 37 minutes with the Mother Hatch scenes? You have other main characters and arcs that already don't get enough attention. How frustrating must it be for an actor to sit around in Calgary (isn't that where this is filmed?) and be lucky to get 45-seconds of screen time every other episode. Or for the wardrobe department to create Eva's new look and only get a shot or two. While we get to stare at Mother Hatch for a couple minutes with Small Pox, and other than a bitching out several episodes ago, we have nothing invested in her. Or the long panning out of him burning his clothes? Really? That's the best use of time? I know why he's burning his clothes. That takes a single line in a conversation somewhere. Lots of things going on in this show. Most of them neglected. All for the sake of getting arty...and not being particularly good at it.

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
"The Walking Dead" - Not a terrible lot happened this week. They just set up a show down between Rick and the Cops down in ATL. Still don't know what the dealeo is with "Holy Joe" and his church. Can't trust nooooobody!

Worf

Yep, it looks like they're saving the goods for the mid season finale.

Father Gabriel is pathetically guilt ridden enough to now be considered definite zombie chow! ;)

Potential slight spoiler ahead for this episode of The Walking Dead but after all the group has been through with the Governor and the Terminus cannibals, really Sasha?? Is she unable to do the most mundane of tasks without needing constant watching? What is so hard about sitting in a room with a machine gun and watch the tied up bad guy?? Un-frickin believable.

I thought Hell on Wheels "Thirteen Steps" (episode 12) was pretty awful. Coming off such a great episode ("Bleeding Kansas") didn't help but to shine a bright light on how inconsistent and pretentious the writing and directing can be. I don't know why they want to get so artsy with this show. This isn't MOMA. It's certainly not MOMA in a cheesy Harlequin chapter.

I liked the low-key, tie everything up in a bow feel of "Further West" (episode 13, season finale). Like some reviewers said, it reeked of "we don't know if we're going to get renewed for a fifth season, so we'll show our viewers the courtesy of gathering it all together." Having said that, why waste your limited 37 minutes with the Mother Hatch scenes? You have other main characters and arcs that already don't get enough attention. How frustrating must it be for an actor to sit around in Calgary (isn't that where this is filmed?) and be lucky to get 45-seconds of screen time every other episode. Or for the wardrobe department to create Eva's new look and only get a shot or two. While we get to stare at Mother Hatch for a couple minutes with Small Pox, and other than a bitching out several episodes ago, we have nothing invested in her. Or the long panning out of him burning his clothes? Really? That's the best use of time? I know why he's burning his clothes. That takes a single line in a conversation somewhere. Lots of things going on in this show. Most of them neglected. All for the sake of getting arty...and not being particularly good at it.

I agree that the show is a bit of a mess and that story lines and characters get dropped and picked up randomly - I've just come to accept that this show isn't of the quality of some of the better shows. And there is no question that sometimes they try too hard to be artsy when consistent story telling would be more valuable. That said, I thought they hit a home run with "Thirteen Steps," but this is all opinion, so I get that you didn't.

I do think they set up next year with Cullen working for the CP and the Swede working for the UP as a neat last season Superman vs. Lex Luther moment. But who knows, with this show, that story line could be done away with in the first episode of the season.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I stopped caring about the Swede two seasons ago, and to use Brigham Young to push the absurdity? Some would find that apropos, but I find that callous. Because history is treated so whimsically on this show, I could do without that entire arc. Make up something different, because NOTHING about that is working for me. It's stupid on top of stupid.

Yep, it looks like they're saving the goods for the mid season finale.

Father Gabriel is pathetically guilt ridden enough to now be considered definite zombie chow! ;)

Potential slight spoiler ahead for this episode of The Walking Dead but after all the group has been through with the Governor and the Terminus cannibals, really Sasha?? Is she unable to do the most mundane of tasks without needing constant watching? What is so hard about sitting in a room with a machine gun and watch the tied up bad guy?? Un-frickin believable.

Sasha = idiot. lol lol Look out the window. Right there. lol lol

Father Gabriel is dangerous now. He can do anything now that he feels they desecrated his church.... I say shoot him on sight. :p

At least this episode didn't jump around in time and make me dizzy.

Loved the aftershow. Rosita cleans up NICE. :p

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Oh yeah! Rosita! :eusa_clap
I'm wondering just how many cops and such are hanging out at that hospital?? They gotta be about ready to bust out of town. Supplies getting harder and harder to come by and all.
Sasha = idiot. lol lol Look out the window. Right there. lol lol

Father Gabriel is dangerous now. He can do anything now that he feels they desecrated his church.... I say shoot him on sight. :p

At least this episode didn't jump around in time and make me dizzy.

Loved the aftershow. Rosita cleans up NICE. :p

Warden

One Too Many
Does the UK Supermarket 'Sainsbury' Christmas advert count?

[video=youtube_share;NWF2JBb1bvM]http://youtu.be/NWF2JBb1bvM[/video]

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Curse of Oak Island. Why? Because, I'm an Idiot! Also watched Chasing Classic Cars. A Ferrari GTO sold for $34,650,000, a bargain. The record for a GTO is, $52,000,000. I remember one selling in about 1979 for $35,000 and thinking how ridiculous that price was, who would have "Thunk It!" They also sold Steve McQueen's 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB 4 cam sold for a mere $10.2 million.

The Curse of Oak Island. Why? Because, I'm an Idiot!

This season has been ridiculously stupid. I watched the first "season" (it was only a few episodes) because I remember the story from when I was a kid, and the show recounted the story and had a human interest side to it. This season...the Ark of the Covenant? Seriously? It went from "here's an interesting historical curiosity, let's see if we can fill in some of the missing pieces" to full blown, ridiculous Da Vinci Code silliness.

The Curse of Oak Island. Why? Because, I'm an Idiot! Also watched Chasing Classic Cars. A Ferrari GTO sold for $34,650,000, a bargain. The record for a GTO is, $52,000,000. I remember one selling in about 1979 for $35,000 and thinking how ridiculous that price was, who would have "Thunk It!" They also sold Steve McQueen's 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB 4 cam sold for a mere $10.2 million.

Which one did you buy? :p

This season has been ridiculously stupid. I watched the first "season" (it was only a few episodes) because I remember the story from when I was a kid, and the show recounted the story and had a human interest side to it. This season...the Ark of the Covenant? Seriously? It went from "here's an interesting historical curiosity, let's see if we can fill in some of the missing pieces" to full blown, ridiculous Da Vinci Code silliness.

You think this show is silly?! Have you seen what else is on TV lately? This is a documentary compared to that stuff. lol lol

Greyryder

One of the Regulars
You think this show is silly?! Have you seen what else is on TV lately? This is a documentary compared to that stuff. lol lol

At least the guys doing the digging are skeptical about a lot of those theories, too. "King Tut's second treasure." :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24