Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Two episodes of "Arrow" on Netflix. Obvious tweener tripe. He's all hunky and young and the girls are all hot and pretty. The only people who look "normal" are the villains. He's got to show his pecs at least twice a show so the tweener girls can ooh and ahh and have their beefcake. What absolute junk. As the late Benny Hill would say...

"Rubbage!"

Worf

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Naked Speed. $150,000 Ducati modification! The highlight was Reg Pridemore taking a BMW R90 for a spin on the track. 75 years old, and even though he didn't push it, he was faster then most 20 year old's!

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Walking Dead,....Tyrese is bit and gone as another one bites the dust. They are losing characters left and right! I wonder who is next?
Considering they have almost zero story going right now, I think they're left with little choice than to pad entire episodes with kill-offs. I didn't care for that episode. I didn't need an hour to explore his death. And now we have Noah...yippee. Am I missing something? Anyone else think they have written the show into dead space (no pun intended)?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Good riddance to his weak character. He just got too wimpy to live.

Not everyone can take killing, death, loss and unrelenting terror every day and night and not have it take its toll. I'd say the closest thing to it was the trenches in WWI, after a while even the strongest, bravest and baddest can get "worn down". They don't choose to die so much as refuse to fight. I thought it was a great episode and a bad loss. As for the people that've been rotating in? They are pretty weak and pathetic. Don't know what the dealio is with Preacher Man but I wouldn't miss him or the new guy one blessed bit.

Worf

Not everyone can take killing, death, loss and unrelenting terror every day and night and not have it take its toll. I'd say the closest thing to it was the trenches in WWI, after a while even the strongest, bravest and baddest can get "worn down". They don't choose to die so much as refuse to fight. I thought it was a great episode and a bad loss. As for the people that've been rotating in? They are pretty weak and pathetic. Don't know what the dealio is with Preacher Man but I wouldn't miss him or the new guy one blessed bit.

Worf

In a post apocalyptic world, you deal with it or end up dead. After society disappears then the weak don’t get Prozac---they get eaten. :p
You are right about the “priest” he is another wimp who needs to man up or he will end up dead too----and that would be fine by me. :p

Edward

Bartender
Last night I watched the first episode of the new UK show Indian Summers (Channel 4 Productions), set in 1932 as British Imperial Power begins to wane. Much has been made of the money they've spent on it. Aside from Judi Dench, they've notg hired any other big name cast, so the money has been left to spend on location and costume, et cetrera. Some aspects are a bit trite: we already know the Nice Missionary who will have an affair with the Local Indian Lady Student Doctor, but that's okay because his Mean Wife is Nasty and A Racist. Then there's the Rising Indian Star of the Imperial Civil Service, who is obviously destined to have to choose between Indian Freedom Fighter Lady and White English Lady Who is On Her Own With a Small Child After Leaving Husband In England. Not yet appeared: Husband in England, who will doubtless arrive in time to catch WELWIOHOWSCALHE in bed with RISICS.... There are also a few seeming anachronisms, such as when Mean Wife says something racist (or at least prejudiced: there's a debate to be had as to how far colonialist prejudice was based on race and how far it was more of a class issue) and other white English folks on the train with her react in horror; in reality, many if not most would have shared her views. Still, it was sufficiently entertaining as to command further viewing. It certainly looks beautiful: I have had serious suit envy several times over.

MythBusters. I hate to admit it, but, it is a much better show with out the Three Stooges!
As much as I liked the Stooges, I have to admit it is a better show without them. The newest episode had me laughing out loud at two things. First, all of the gaffers tape and duct tape they used to hold that white car together. Second, the Hyneman doing a stereotypical southern accent??? :pound:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24