Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Half-dozen eggs over easy, sausage, grits, toast, jelly, milk, juice, and coffee. The eggs come fresh from our chickens, the bread is home-made, and so is the jelly. I used to make our own sausage, but haven't raised hogs in several years. Might try that again, though.

Jealous! I want chickens!

This morning Ms.Rosetta was cooking salmon patties for breakfast at the cafe near my shop. I had one, atop a bed of rice and brown gravy, smothered in Louisiana hot sauce. That woman can cook.
I skipped the terrible coffee today and went for an orange drank instead.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I'm recovering from a cold. So I have very little appetite. But I still managed to stomach fried eggs, buttered toast, salt and pepper.

Had something like that 2 weeks ago, and used protein shakes to keep my strength up.
Also lost 3lbs. :eusa_clap
I hope you feel better soon Shangus, being sick is no fun, especially if you can't taste or have any appetite.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Oh, catching a cold has its advantages.

It kills the appetite, so it's great for weight-loss. I've dropped about two pounds already. And I only caught it on Thursday night.

For the last several days I've had my first cold and cough in many years. Picked it up from my Grandson the weekend after Christmas when we celebrated with him. Miserable with no appetite as well. However..this morning I think I may feel like going for some cheesy eggs..bacon..and toast after some black coffee.
HD

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Kids will do that, even to those of us that don't have them!
I think we got our last round of sickness from one at a table next to us, while we were at Cracker Barrel.
Too bad I didn't get their name, I wanted to thank them for that Christmas gift. :eusa_doh:
Today we are going back to the same restaurant, albeit earlier.

One or another of my kids has been sick pretty much since about September. They just keep passing it back and forth. I haven't gotten full blown sick myself yet, but I haven't been 100% well either.
At the moment I'm having black coffee, and trying to decide if I want to fix bacon and eggs or ride down to the drive-thru and get sausage biscuits off the dollar menu.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Tomorrow I'll have porridge and honey and cream for breakfast. The honey should help the cold. If nothing else, it'll taste nice.

Thank goodness I'm having a cold now, and not back in the 1940s. As if having a cold isn't bad enough, the British Government sure had a way of making you feel even more guilty about not being able to work:

The_Cost_Of_The_Common_Cold_%26_Influenza.jpg

Sorry to go off topic, but sadly, that sort of attitude is not a thing of the past. I have a friend who is a nurse - in an i.c.u. no less- and he said that even though he gets paid sick days, and that all employees are strongly urged to not come to work sick (for obvious reasons), they accumulate "points" against them every time they call in sick. Get enough points, get written up. Get written up 3 times, get the door.
I can only imagine what kind of pressure people who work in production must be under.

Hope you feel better soon Shangas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda