Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Ham and mushroom omelette, English muffin, red currant jam, cranberry juice and coffee.

The mushrooms were pretty fresh...

8e6dc06d2fb693469cad38651915f929.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I had nearly a whole pint of heavy cream left from my Fair baking, so I used it to make a Dutch baby for breakfast. Decadent!

I forgot we were out of the syrup Lily and I prefer, so I used the last of the cream to make Marionberry cream for is to have on our Dutch baby. She was just eating the cream with her fork. It was good!!!

Bacon & sausage was abundant.

Pecan pie coffee (seaonal blend from Target!) for Hubby, Yorkshire tea with Turbinado and milk for me.

I am stuffed!

I had nearly a whole pint of heavy cream left from my Fair baking, so I used it to make a Dutch baby for breakfast. Decadent!

I forgot we were out of the syrup Lily and I prefer, so I used the last of the cream to make Marionberry cream for is to have on our Dutch baby. She was just eating the cream with her fork. It was good!!!

Bacon & sausage was abundant.

Pecan pie coffee (seaonal blend from Target!) for Hubby, Yorkshire tea with Turbinado and milk for me.

I am stuffed!

Had to Google "Dutch Baby," but now I'm in - they look really good.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Had to Google "Dutch Baby," but now I'm in - they look really good.

My recipe:
3 tablespoons salted butter
1 cup flour
4 eggs
1 cup milk (or cream, or half-n-half)
1 teaspoon vanilla (or almond extract if feeling frisky!)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400. While preheating, put large baking dish in oven to preheat. After 5 minutes of preheating, put butter in pan to melt.

While oven is preheating, mix flour, eggs, milk, and flavorings of choice together until smooth batter consistency. Once oven is preheated, swirl hot pan around (carefully!) to coat bottom and sides with melted butter. Add batter to pan and return to oven. Bake for 20 minutes (or more). Sides will puff up as it bakes. When dark golden brown, remove from oven and serve immediately.

Can be served with applesauce, lemon & powdered sugar, butter & syrup, preserves of choice, fruit compote, whipped cream, Nutella..... and on, and on.

(This is big. It serves 3 of us easily!)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Breakfast burritos. Scrambled eggs seasoned with applewood smoked black pepper, salt, chili powder, cumin, coriander, topped with colby jack cheese, wrapped in a warm flour tortilla, smothered in crema agria & picante sauce.

Pecan pie coffee for Hubby, Yorkshire tea with Turbinado sugar and whole milk for me.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks coffee and the Sun Times.
Cubs vs Milwaukee Brewers. A duel for the Central D-afraid this was gonna happen, the Munchkins can get serious.
And we either win it this afternoon or wild card tomorrow.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Another loss, and that's that for this season. Coffee and the sports page, the Cubs' mercurial line,
the bat bane billy goat curse strikes again. I knew it would be a dog fight to the finish but didn't expect
them to drop two to the Pirates with the Brewers in pursuit. Good luck to Milwaukee.

Another loss, and that's that for this season. Coffee and the sports page, the Cubs' mercurial line,
the bat bane billy goat curse strikes again. I knew it would be a dog fight to the finish but didn't expect
them to drop two to the Pirates with the Brewers in pursuit. Good luck to Milwaukee.
It was a hell of a ballgame though. Couldn't decide who to root for but it will be good to view the mostly unseen/unknown Rockie's players for a few more games. I cannot believe the talk has started about firing the Cubbies coach. Get him some damn hitters to work with.

Guilty pleasure morning, cup of coffee with a splash of Baileys and a toasted Costco chiabatta bun with honey. No food value, my blood sugar soars and I am hungry again by 10:00AM but damn it sure tastes good......I will have to eat a plate of broccoli for lunch to compensate!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
It was a hell of a ballgame though. Couldn't decide who to root for but it will be good to view the mostly unseen/unknown Rockie's players for a few more games. I cannot believe the talk has started about firing the Cubbies coach. Get him some damn hitters to work with.

Joe's a great guy, but a definite target for the peanut section, bleacher bums, and various sports writers
around town always looking for a story to go with their soapbox. What is all the more inexplicable is the collective
ennui that sets in along the line itself, whatever its daily batting order: Rizz, Schwabs, Murph-the surf, Bryant, Happ-
all of them catch the bug and the stick stuff suffers. I expect Joe to be back next year; hopefully Yu Darvish too.
Chatwood, last I heard has been banished to Triple A.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Pumpkin pancakes. I cheated and used pancake mix (Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix), and added 2/3 cup pumpkin puree, a few shakes of cinnamon and nutmeg, a splash of vanilla, and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Served with butter and maple syrup. Light and fluffy! Leftovers made and frozen for a quick school day breakfast for Lily.

Bacon. Lots of bacon.

Pecan pie coffee for Hubby, and Lady Gray tea with Turbinado sugar for me. Orange juice for everyone.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks java and the sports page waiting for the train. Looks like Boston's year.
And the Bears are headed toward a loss to the Patriots this Sunday.
I suspect Bears new boss Naggy may be in a bit over his head.

Last edited:

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Dutch baby with salted butter & maple syrup. Bacon made a new way.

Texas turtle coffee for Hubby, Lady Gray tea with turbinado sugar for me, and Winter Spice tea with honey for Lily and her sore throat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112