Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

LizzieMaine

Bartender
s-l640.jpg

Super-size me.

William G.

One of the Regulars
Here lately, it's been two eggs, oatmeal, and coffee. I tend to get into a breakfast routine and stick with it — it's just easier to make breakfast while I'm on auto-pilot, before the caffeine kicks in. :):D

Kicked off the weekend with a plate full of fried potatoes, scrambled eggs, and refried beans all smothered in homemade red chili sauce and topped with shredded cheese and fresh jalapenos.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs, wheat toast, and apple juice. A once favored breakfast joint was purchased by an acquaintance who retained the wonderful cook so we had to go. It was worth it and we will return.
:D
Switch the scrambled eggs for 2 over easy and you have my favourite guilty pleasure....especially savoured when cooked by someone else with skills.

I am well pleased with myself (and my wife says "Yes, even more so than usual!). She bought me bagels yesterday for breakfast this morning as we had a small chunk of cream cheese in the fridge. Alas we had no jam or preserves of any type. Voila, I made a strawberry jam from frozen strawbs. Boiled down two cups of strawbs, added a splash of lemon juice, maple syrup to taste and then a teaspoon of chia seeds to thicken. Within 1 hour I had a cup of strawberry jam and my breakfast complete. It was damn good and I may never buy jam again.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks java and the Chicago Sun Times. The sports page screams a clarion call for Cubs bullpen relief,
felled upon deaf ownership ears whom obviously look at the bottom line, so the barrel bottom gets scrapped
and its sound is deafening. Not exactly a thunder in silence moment but close enough. Theo is none pleased
with current production, Joe's on thin ice-no contract extension. Edwards' inconsistency; Hamel and Monty
are subpar so far. Yu's capable of better. And Hendricks just notched a fiver deal but busted.
Cubs are caught wanting and the wallet is closed. Presumably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana