Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I'll always speak up in defense of Spam. It's condensed pig at its best. Fry up a couple slices for breakfast some morning when you've got snow to shovel and it'll give you all the energy you need.
Good stuff, but it is too expensive when one can purchase whole pork tenderloins for $1.78/Lb.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Pork snout? Head Cheese? Grits? Cow Brains? Scrapple? Spam? Fried Dill pickles? Crayfish? Squirrel brains? :p
I grew up eating grits.
Usually with bacon and eggs.
The other items, uh no.
I had family members eat them, but I was finicky.
Shoot, I don't even eat black eyed peas, because I never liked them.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
That's only good when you have a freezer. I've got one six months of the year, but it gets pretty gamy in the summer.

Yipe!

I have my grandmother's 1946 Coldspot chest freezer in the cellar, and so can handle a large tenderloin even with a Monitor Top refrigerator. It is a real economy to be able to buy meats when they are cheap, besides which blanched and frozen produce takes less time and is generally more toothsome than the canned product.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
How on earth do you lump grits and pickles into the same group as squirrel brains?
Hudson, some people (on the West Coast) have no idea how the average Southerner lives.
He should have his staff research it for him. :D

Zombie, I'm glad he didn't do it either!.
Even Anthony Bourdain wouldn't eat it.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Ok, I found out that the lo fat Spam has chicken in it. :puke: Hormel says "It contains a mixture of ham and chopped pork shoulder. (Ham is the pig's thigh; pork is everything else.)" Hmmmmm.... snoot, eyes, ears, hooves.....:p

"Treet" is the stuff to stay away from. It's pork and "mechanically separated chicken," which is basically slaughterhouse floor sweepings mashed thru a sieve. Yum!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic