Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

In a few, it will be: bacon, cheesey fried eggs, sausage, toast, seasoned country red potatoes, and a glass or two of orange juice. I will have already had plenty of coffee by the time breakfast is ready. I pretty much have the same breakfast every Sunday.
:D

As it happens I had a good conversation with a native Scot today about haggis -- he was bemoaning the fact that you can't get proper haggis in the United States anymore, since sheep lungs can't legally be sold here because of concerns over its disease-carrying capabilities. And just when all this haggis talk was making me hungry.

You just have to KNOW someone. :p
Sheep lungs carry disease? They really should stop them from smoking then. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Nothing quite satisfies like artificial fruit flavoring. Mmmm

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

THATS why people keep wax fruit around.
Now I know.

Smoked Sheep?
I'll take some of that.

Wow DH, I didn't know Zuckerberg lived down South.
Caprice or Crown Vic?:D

Onions are the Devil's Bulb...
I concur. I can't eat raw onions. Well, I can, but I pay for it with gastrointestinal distress afterwards; thankfully, I'm not fond of raw onion. Grilled onions or onions that are otherwise cooked into foods are a different story, presumably because the heat affects them and mitigates whatever causes the problem. My wife has a similar problem with tomatoes, and/or any food with a high acid content such as oranges and mustard, all of which cause painful boils that almost always present in rather uncomfortable and inconvenient locations. As long as the tomatoes have been cooked she has no problems, which is fortunate because she's 100% Italian; can you imagine an Italian that's unable to eat pasta with tomato-based sauces? :shocked: :Cry:

Eating a protein shake causes me nausea. :p
Eating a protein shake? Sounds like you're making them too thick. :D

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I can't even be in the same *room* with raw onions -- one of the kids at work the other day ate an Italian sandwich with raw onions on it, and left the wet wrapper in my office wastebasket, and I nearly passed out just from the fumes. Cooked ones are almost as bad -- my throat closes right up if I even get a tiny flake of onion.

The only onion-oriented product I've ever been able to swallow without a violent reaction is -- Funyuns. And they aren't really onions, or even all that much fun.

As long as the tomatoes have been cooked she has no problems, which is fortunate because she's 100% Italian; can you imagine an Italian that's unable to eat pasta with tomato-based sauces? :shocked: :Cry:

Interesting side note: tomatoes are native to the Americas, and Europeans had never seen one until the Spanish brought them back. Italians didn't start cooking with them until around 1700.

I can't even be in the same *room* with raw onions -- one of the kids at work the other day ate an Italian sandwich with raw onions on it, and left the wet wrapper in my office wastebasket, and I nearly passed out just from the fumes. Cooked ones are almost as bad -- my throat closes right up if I even get a tiny flake of onion.

The only onion-oriented product I've ever been able to swallow without a violent reaction is -- Funyuns. And they aren't really onions, or even all that much fun.

I love Funyuns. With Big Red. It's almost as good as an RC and a Moonpie.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I concur. I can't eat raw onions. Well, I can, but I pay for it with gastrointestinal distress afterwards; thankfully, I'm not fond of raw onion. Grilled onions or onions that are otherwise cooked into foods are a different story, presumably because the heat affects them and mitigates whatever causes the problem. My wife has a similar problem with tomatoes, and/or any food with a high acid content such as oranges and mustard, all of which cause painful boils that almost always present in rather uncomfortable and inconvenient locations. As long as the tomatoes have been cooked she has no problems, which is fortunate because she's 100% Italian; can you imagine an Italian that's unable to eat pasta with tomato-based sauces? :shocked: :Cry:

Eating a protein shake? Sounds like you're making them too thick. :D

Maybe his protein shake is made by Ben and Jerry. :D

I sauté onions quite often, for burgers, steaks, and tacos.
In fact, we go through 2 large onions each week.
We get the Kroger peeled onions, 2 of them are roughly 4lbs. :D

I love Funyuns. With Big Red. It's almost as good as an RC and a Moonpie.

:eek: that'd be a big almost.
Moonpies are food of the Gods.
Funyuns are...well, barely edible.

Not sure I've ever had a Big Red, so I'm not qualified to make that call.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24