Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Usual weekday breakfast: Fresh grapefruit, porridge made from one part oats, soaked in one part boiled water, then one part milk. A couple of spoons of sugar. Man, how those Scots like it with salt I'll never know, bring the whole lot to a simmer, and serve.
All you have to do then is steal yourself to eat it. There must be better ways of getting your fibre intake.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
This is what I take.
5 capsules 3x a day and my cholesterol is 160.
equate.jpg
Your Walmart is called Asda.
I'm not sure if they export this or not, but they should.
Probably under a different name.

I prefer my oatmeal with salt instead of sugar. One of my great grandfathers came to the U.S. From Scotland, maybe that's why.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Black coffee, omelet, wheat toast, and the New York Times review
of Holding On Upside Down; The Life and Work of Marianne Moore by Linda Leavell. :coffee:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I had a toasted Poppy seed bagel with BACON, Onion, and Chive cream cheese for breakfast. Washed it down with a LARGE Cafe Mocha.

Later

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Well it certainly looks like it. Puke on toast, anyone?

Now you know why the Irish beer has a high alcohol content, because you want to be somewhat blitzed if you have to eat haggis.
I can see eating sheep, potatoes, and other food items you'd have on the farm (or that the neighbor will trade you), but some of the food, I don't know about. Then again, I'm a Southerner and we eat pigs feet (I don't but many Southerners do) and pork rinds. ;)
Scotch and eggs, I've still got to try that.
Oh Scotch eggs? Either way...:D

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Scotch eggs are brilliant, if you want to know how, here's a simple scotch egg recipe. When you click on that link, you will see a large, black screen, eventually a picture will come up. In the top left hand corner the icon: 1/8 will appear. Click each arrow for a picture by picture of how to make scotch eggs.
Now to consume them with a glass of scotch, might seem innocuous, but believe you me, the mind boggling number of scotch whiskies, coupled with the personal preferences of the loungers, to say nothing of putting three single ice cubes of spring water in the mix, and you will see something of the contention.
So if there's a whisky you like, be it blended, or single malt, be it a rarity or famous, if it's to your palate, then simply enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen