What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by Rosie, May 31, 2006.

1. I think I see you coming down with cold symptoms and have to stay home. :p

2. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

How many margaritas does it take to make them sound good?;)

3. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

It could be fun. I have had plenty an entertaining eveni g listening to a crappy. The fun involves a few beers and a lot of making fun of every one and thing. Enjoy!
    :D

4. dh66

dh66

With a name like "Yesteryear" I'm guessing they are not a mariachi band, which is the ONLY kind of band that should be playing in a Mexican restaurant.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

5. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

And if they don't have a real Mariachi band playing, that means they won't eat there, and if they won't eat there, you don't need to eat there. :D

Wait, are these hotcake eating, flannel wearing, people from the Rocky Mountains?
    They are known as "County Boys", followers of John Denver, which translates into hippies.
    You best leave that place alone...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  6. Cheeseburgers/onion buns...homemade french fries...Coca Cola.
    German chocolate cake.
    HD

7. Wait! Hold Still! Your post is infected with Hippie/John Denver. I'll get them! :laser::hippie: :hippie: The second one was trying to run away but I got him. Proceed as you were....

8. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

They get everywhere, mainly because those wallaby shoes don't make any noise!

Large burgers tonight, because I had a somewhat big lunch for the last of my birthday celebrations.
    Fried cauliflower as a side, and probably some bacon mixed in for flavor.

9. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

A couple of shredded beef tacos with rice and beans and a Dr. Pepper

10. Warbaby

Warbaby One Too Many

Hog jowls with black beans. Couple of days ago we had moose burgers. I'm starting to feel disturbingly rural.

11. Spaghetti squash with marinara.

12. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

Pork chops. Also fried okra (no breading) and onions, in the iron skillet. (first time for this and actually turned out good)

13. dh66

dh66

Ribeye roast in the crock pot with carrots and potatos and portabello mushrooms. And cornbread with cheese melted on top of it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

14. Beef Manhattan made from left over pot roast...and string green beans. Iced tea .
    HD

15. Bacon!? Now we are talking!

16. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

It's getting cold enough for me to order from Neuski's now.
    Soon I'll have apple wood and cherry wood bacon.

Tonight it's roast beef in the pressure cooker until crumbling, then put into a low carb wrap with onions, cheese, salami (for me), and tapatio hot sauce.
    Why?
    Because I unloaded a half cord of wood from a truck into the backyard, and I don't feel like standing at the stove tonight. ;)

17. Half a cord?! I do that in twenty minutes flat and my yard is over 200' deep(I stack it at the back of the yard--of course. :doh:) I load and unload about two cords when I loot the local fence builders place. Free wood is a great motivator. :p MMMMMM Bacon.

18. Porkchops..fried potatoes...baked beans and iced tea.
    HD

19. You are getting very close to what I had so I am not even going to mention what I had. :p I had regular hot tea. No way I am going to drink iced tea in this cold weather.

20. storman113

storman113 Familiar Face

Gumbo! Chicken thighs and Andouille sausage. Medium dark roux.

Experiment, added cup of rice to mix while perking on the stove. Came out a bit gooey! But, tasted damn fine and went down easy! Will do the rice on the side next time though.