Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gumbo! Chicken thighs and Andouille sausage. Medium dark roux.

Experiment, added cup of rice to mix while perking on the stove. Came out a bit gooey! But, tasted damn fine and went down easy! Will do the rice on the side next time though.

Its better to cook the rice first, but then, if you're dirtying up another pot anyway might as well have it on the side. Sounds delicious though!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

No way I am going to drink iced tea in this cold weather.

??????
Iced tea is like hot coffee, it's good no matter what the weather.
Unless you drink it without sugar in it (iced tea, not coffee) then it's not so good in any weather.:p

I like sweetened iced tea with a traditional Indiana meal (meatloaf..mashed potatoes,etc.). Maybe a Coke..Dr. Pepper with a sandwich. Tall dark tap beer with steak/Mexican/Seafood. Occasionally a glass of Merlot/Cabernet.
HD

I'm not a soda drinker, so sweet tea or beer for me. Most meals I can go either way, but I suppose mashed potatos and gravy is the tipping point. If I were having something like you described, then tea definately, but tomorrow when the leftover meatloaf made its way into a sandwich, the a beer would be fine.
btw- My brother lives in Indiana, most of the food I've had there (quite a lot) was not that different than what you'd find down here. In fact the only real difference I could see between AL and IN was the amount of hills to drive over.;)

??????
Iced tea is like hot coffee, it's good no matter what the weather.
Unless you drink it without sugar in it (iced tea, not coffee) then it's not so good in any weather.:p
The only thing cold I drink when it is cold are cocktails. :p Iced tea was invented because it was hot at the World's Fair---not because it was cold. They couldn't sell hot tea on a hot day to save their lives. Add a bunch of ice and presto! Cold drink for hot weather.

The only thing I want to wash down with a glass of scotch is the glass of scotch I had just before it.;)

Been packing away lots and lots of empanadas lately. :)

I looove empanadas. I have a neighbor fom Cost Rica who makes some delicious ones. She knows how much I love 'em so whenever she cooks them up she always brings some over. Makes some fine tamales too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21