Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the best leather peacoat?

subject101

One of the Regulars
I intended to buy an u-boat leather jacket reproduction for this winter but I'm not convinced by the current offer.

If I wanted to purchase a black leather peacoat, what would be the best one? I'd like quality, thick leather and warm. :)

Philalethes

A-List Customer
This peacoat looks amazing (third from the top at the time of this post) - if not incredibly expensive. I think the navy blue color looks fantastic.
From Lost Worlds:
CUSTOM PEA COAT
Navy Blue or Evergreen Finnish Moose Hide
Genuine 100% Cashmere Wool Lining
As Shown $1950.00

I also recommend Aero.
I ordered a "Kreigsmarine" style leather jacket from another company some months back and was very very disappointed in it.
Currently dealing with the company to correct major fit issues....with no luck so far.
I contacted Aero in the meantime, showed them a photo of the coat (which had a few variations from the Aero model) and they confirmed they could match the design.
Cost of the Aero would have been the same as the other company....except with top grade leather, better fit, and customer service backing up the coat if something went wrong.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
This peacoat looks amazing

It really does.

PeaCoatMoose-11.jpg

Cooperson

One Too Many
This peacoat looks amazing (third from the top at the time of this post) - if not incredibly expensive. I think the navy blue color looks fantastic.
From Lost Worlds:
CUSTOM PEA COAT
Navy Blue or Evergreen Finnish Moose Hide
Genuine 100% Cashmere Wool Lining
As Shown $1950.00

First time I've seen moose hide! Looks good quality, I'm just not that sure about blue leather.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
There are really only two things to consider. How much you want to spend. How heavy do you like your jackets. I personally have worn several leather peacoats (mainly old German police jackets) and I find them way too heavy at around 7 pounds. I'm a large man with big shoulders but I just don't like the feel of them.

andy richards

Practically Family
I intended to buy an u-boat leather jacket reproduction for this winter but I'm not convinced by the current offer.

If I wanted to purchase a black leather peacoat, what would be the best one? I'd like quality, thick leather and warm. :)

Please consider that leather jackets are not the best when wearing it in extreme cold conditions.
Cheers,
Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80