Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When in Rome...

Imahomer

Practically Family
Well, I'm confirmed. I'll be touring a little bit of England, seeing my Grand Parents home town in France then checking out Rome and the area around it. I'll be leaving at the end of August.

So, having said that, I'm going to be looking to spend a few Euros while I'm there. Does anyone have any input on places to go for hats, items of interest, other trinkets, or????

I'd also be open to gathering intel while I'm there if someone needs me to check into something for them.

Mike

rayk

Familiar Face
Congratulations on your planned trip. I, too, was scheduled to return to London this spring, but, alas, it was not to be.

When last in the UK, I was only casually interered in hats and didn't take the opportunity to visit James Lock & Co. Hatters on St. James St., the oldest hatter in the UK, established in 1676 during the reign of Charles II. You can find a very interesting short history included in the provided link.

While in London, if in fact this city is on your itinerary, you might also stop by James Smith & Sons Umbrella Shop on New Oxford St., also a very old and proper English shop, not as historic but I would guess every bit as venerable as Lock.

A true Anglophile such as I would find it impossible to return without a proper Coke and stick. :cool2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner