Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you come from???

Eliot

New in Town
I just wanted to know who you are and what you do... ;-)

Please, let me introduce myself:

I'm 21 years old and living in Maisach near Munich in Bavaria, Germany.

After high school, I am going to start a career as a police detective (probably).

In the Golden Era (vintage cloting, cars, life style, books, novels, movies etc...) I am interested, since four or five (?) years. Responsible for this special liking is the novel "The Untouchables" written by Eliot Ness. He made me interesting in this great topic...

Please, feel free to question me everything about anything...

It's nice to me you!

Greetings,
Eliot

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I'm Lauren, I do graphic design, costume design, and fashion design. I live in San Diego area, California.

Pleased to meet you :)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge, Eliot!

My name is Brad, currently living in Hyrum, Utah, though my wife and I and the cats will probably be moving back home to Colorado by May. I graduated in December with a Master of Arts in History and am looking for employment.

Brad

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
hello Eliot!,
my name is Caroline, I'm 29yrs old, I live in Camas, WA..and am a stay at home mom and I also counsel part time......I became interested in the 'classics' since I was in high-school, I flipped on the classic movie channel, and was hooked ever since....glad you've joined us!:)

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Welcome!

My name is Kent and I live near Seattle WA doing technical support for an electronic discovery software company. I collect DVDs (and now hats!) and spend a lot of time with my girlfriend Barbi watching those DVDs, cooking, drinking champagne cocktails, smoking cigars, and playing pool. :cool2:

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
Howdy! My name is Rick, and I'm an alcoholic...oh, wait, wrong forum. :beer: ;) I, too, am a graphic designer, but live on the opposite side of the continent in the Washington, D.C. area. I've loved hats ever since I can remember, and dig vintage clothing, vintage guitars, and, well, about anything vintage! More recently, I've been getting into old fountain pens. As a kid, I used to sit and watch old Joan Crawford flicks on TV with my mommy dearest. There are are days I miss watching the oldies with her, though she taught me well about using wire hangers! :eusa_booh ;)

Trickeration

Practically Family
Welcome Eliot! I'm Teresa, also known as Trix. I'm 36. I'm in Long Beach, California. I homeschool my kids (12 and 14) by day, and am a working musician by night. My husband (Doghouse Rob) and I both play swing, jazz, and rockabilly, him on upright bass, me on drums.

We do the full vintage thing, home car and clothes, on a daily basis. We both love the music, clothes, movies and pretty much anything from the 30's through the 50's. I've been into vintage and collecting since I was about 10 years old.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
How do you do, Eliot (and others). My name is Lolita Haze and I am a 27 year old Burlesque performer who lives in Phoenix, Arizona. I have an apartment that I share with my two dogs and guinea pig. I have always had a love for vintage 40's and 50's and have dressed vintage for a while now. It is only recently that I have been looking for like minded individuals to talk to. Welcome to the Lounge!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
My real name is Sasquatch. I live in the bushes. I eat leaves and bugs. I am a member of the National Pinochle Association and I play third washboard in the Old-Timey Concert Orchestra. I wear a 7 1/4 hat and I do take donations.
:jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep:

Bebop

Practically Family
Hello Eliot. I love Bavaria. :cool2: :cheers1: One of the most beautiful places I have been. As a matter of fact, I love most of Germany. I was there as a soldier and fell in love with the country. I am a process server by day and jazz clarinetist by night. I was born in Argentina and now I live in San Francisco Ca. 6 months of the year and Spokane Wa. the other 6. Hope you enjoy the Lounge.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Welcome, Eliot

My kids haven't asked the "where'd I come from" question yet.
:p I'm outside of Bavaria by quite a bit: I live in Santa Rosa, California.
I'm 41 years of age but that is about to change.
I majored in Graphic Arts and work in a video store.
I got interested in the Golden Age a little at a time. Movies, then radio shows, pulps etc. until I'm fascinated by it all.
Enjoy yourself here.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Hi, Eliot, welcome to the Lounge.

I am a retired social worker from the County of San Diego, and I also do indexing for journals and books as well as writing and editing. I was born and raised in Des Moines, Iowa, left for New York City in my mid-20's, then moved to San Diego after 13 years in NY.

I recently left San Diego and returned to Iowa to be with my widowed mother. I am living with her and coping with retirement and being back in my hometown after 35 years away.

I am a hat freak -- love fedoras and newsboy caps.

karol

Novella

Practically Family
Hi!
I live in the Santa Barbara, CA area and am a college student majoring in history. I work part time at a library in the cataloging department. I haven't decided yet what I want to do after school, I just know that I really want to have a job where I can be around old stuff, maybe archives or a museum. The golden era is my favorite period, but I like anything from the late 19th century to the golden era. Classic movies, magazines, and photos are my favorite things. I love clothes too, but I don't own anything vintage yet.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Jake, you fink,...

jake_fink said:
My real name is Sasquatch. I live in the bushes. I eat leaves and bugs. I am a member of the National Pinochle Association and I play third washboard in the Old-Timey Concert Orchestra. I wear a 7 1/4 hat and I do take donations.
:jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep:

.......You do NOT eat leaves and bugs! lol

He's just kidding you Eliot.

I spell my name,.......D A N G E R,......because that's what I do. Uhhm,.dangerous things, yeah.
I live very near the city of Cleveland Ohio where Eliot Ness moved after he put Al Capone away in Chicago. In fact Eliot Ness' grave is in Lakeview Cemetary here.

Who am I and why am I here?

Hi Eliot!

I am John the youngest son of Scandinavian (Norway & Denmark) immigrants to the USA. I lived on Long Island NY about an hour's drive from NY City. I grew up in a small town called Copiague on the south shore. I took a couple of years of college up in Plattsburgh NY near the Canadian border.

Then I moved out to California. Came back to NY for a year or so then back to California in October of 1981 and have stayed here ever since.

I do cataloging and import work for replacement (erzatz) automobile parts industry. Although not working now, looking for new job.

I like target shooting, BBQing, good beer and red wine, old style things like fedoras and fountain pens. I take care of my mom and I have a little Dachshund named Maxamillion (Max). I go to church at a Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod) where I am actually an Elder.

I collect vintage fountain pens and also have new too. I enjoy travel and the cinema. I have had my Dad's Borsalino fedora recently restored which is what lead me to this forum.

Sincerely,

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Hello there Eliot, and welcome. My name's David, but most people call me Doc. If you want to know why that is, then I should have a deck of cards around here somewhere...

I live in London, and throw words around for money, with a little consulting on the side. I'm terribly fond of Champagne, White Ladies and gourmet food as well as old cars and aeroplanes, and dance music from the '20s and '30s. I like to eat, drink, smoke cigars, collect art, blow stuff up at the weekends (with a fireworks team), party with the burlesque people, and one of these days I'm going to take a flying boat from Alexandria to Capetown. I was also involved with a small Golden Era-style radio show a couple of years back, and hope to get another crack at doing more of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot