Where I could buy this type of flat hats??

Discussion in 'Hats' started by koteo, Dec 7, 2013.

1. koteo

koteo New in Town

Sorry I don´t know the name of this type of hats in good quality....

I was looking some similar to this ones, that I´ve seen always on gangster films...

[​IMG]

The left one..

[​IMG]

Thanks!!!!

2. Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange I'll Lock Up

There are lots of good sources for these multi-panel caps. We call them newsboy caps around here. I have a couple by B! Wear that are very nice:

http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear/

3. koteo

koteo New in Town

Thank you Doctor !!!!

4. jhe888

jhe888 One of the Regulars

Look in the classifieds here, we have several vendors who make them.

Hats in the Belfry has good choices.

5. koteo

koteo New in Town

Ok, great. Thx!!!

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI U9508 mediante Tapatalk

6. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

7. koteo

koteo New in Town

Good!! Now I have todo decide. I've never used a hat. Dont know how Its going to look on me....

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI U9508 mediante Tapatalk

8. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

That's going to make it difficult because you have no frame of reference. I would look at the pictures very carefully, and click on the video link on the B!Wear site to see a 360 of one of their hats.

Hat People offers the newsboy style in four different cuts. I bought one in the Full Cut style and I love it. The B!Wear newsboys seem to be about the size of the Hat People Extra Full Cut. The B!Wear caps look like they are made from thicker material.

Lots for you to consider.

9. Brother cavefish

Brother cavefish Banned

I love these hats been wearing them for 30 years. I used to get them from Harris tweed in Ireland they are hard to find good quality ones now. Cheap internals in the brim. I would not trust anyone selling these over the net. I would have to see them

10. Rudie

Rudie Call Me a Cab

If you really want to achieve the vintage look you should go with Cordova or Simonds or get a real Vintage one. I started out with modern caps like B!wear but I can't wear them anymore. Since switching to vintage caps the modern caps just don't look right anymore. If you are okay with modern caps B!wear is a good and affordable choice.

11. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

I don't know the material inside the B!Wear cap brim, but the Hat People caps do not contain cardboard that can break. It's an all material brim which I like. It is also easily formable to a nice curve that will stay in place.

The B!Wear site says his caps have a wire in the brim. I'm not sure how I feel about that after experiencing the design and quality of the HP brim.

12. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

Here I am wearing a City Sport Newsboy cap. It's made in Belgium. This one is Donegal Wool. I like City Sports best because they have more of an authentic and vintage styling than most others, (and the prices are fairly reasonable). This one I'm wearing is an 11 inch cap with an extended brim. I bought it from the Village Hat Shop...
    http://www.villagehatshop.com/brands/85/1/city-sport-caps.html

City Sport B&W.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  13. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

That's nice!

Which one on the page is it?

14. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  15. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

Yep, that's a beauty.

16. Atticus Finch

Atticus Finch Call Me a Cab

17. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

This is an important distinction. I have three Hat People caps and I love them--well made and a bargain for the price--but they have a rather relaxed shape that, in my opinion, might be somewhat difficult to "convert" to a vintage/classic look because of the relatively thin wool materials they're made from.

The Cap Faction is a good thread to read if you're interested in flat caps. It will take some time, but it will give you a better idea about the various styles and colors that are currently available, and the modern manufacturers who produce them.