Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White's Semi-dress Boots..

4spurs

One of the Regulars
About heel height. I worked in the woods and really appreciated having tall heels because it meant that my feet stayed level when my heels sank into the soft ground. I felt firmer on my feet at times when I might have felt that I was leaning backwards; and that's not what you want to feel if you have a chainsaw running in your hands.

If you are going to spend your time on concrete I think heel height is a matter of personal preference.

Isaac, bring your boots to a shoe repair and pay $5 for a professional shine and then see if you still feel like sending them back; its less expensive than shipping charges.

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
I have a question for those of you buying chromexcel. I noticed on the Haroween website that they recommend simply Neatsfoot Oil for the chromexcel line. There are a few websites that recommend only Aqua Care shoe cream. Each of those then recommend a good buffing after either the Neatsfoot oil or Aqua Care is applied. This leads me to think that they do not recommend any type of polish on the boots.

I know on my black pair, I have used Meltonian shoe cream/cleaner and then Meltonian shoe cream polish. The color of the Burgundy and Brown Chromexcel are very intoxicating, and waiting for some shining to bring out the depth of life. Will using just Neatsfoot and using a buffing rag cause them to shine up after a good drying?

On a side note, I had a very positive experience with the Whites Customer Service in regards to the scuffs on the burgundy pair. They are suspecting that some of the cuts/scuffs might have occurred during sanding of the edging. They are more than willing to have it fixed, but the wait is 4-6 weeks on repairs. But this is a testament that they are willing to make the issue right :)

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
I took pictures and sent them to the customer service. They are a bit big to show here, unless people would like to see them, I can arrange to get them loaded on the board. I know that its probably not going to happen, but Im seeing if they will put me in the 4-6 week line, and then I send them in the week they are to be fixed. Im hoping for the supermarket pull the ticket type of thing. Two more months is quite some time to wait again in my opinion. But, it is what it is.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
So I've recently been watching the TV show "Justified" with Timothy Olyphant. During season 2, the character of Dickie Bennett (Jeremy Davies) appears to be wearing a pair of White's Semi dress, in standard brown with the cuban heel. I tried to look closely in any scene they are visible, and they sure look like White's to me, but I'm not 100% positive. The sad part is that he doesn't make them look good...

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
I have a question/request for you all..

Does anyone on the boards have a pair of the Cordovan Semi Dress? I have been talking to White's who told me I have to order them via Baker's. I called Baker's up, and they were more than helpful. I just would like to hopefully see some pictures before I pull the trigger.

I currently am debating between a pair of Alden Wingtip Cordovan or the White's Cordovan, but I don't really know that I can pull off the Aldens with jeans as well as I might with the White's.

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
Hey guys,

I have another quiz for you all. How do you feel about the Medallion Toe Cap. I know I'm going to put a cap on the Cordovans, but unsure if I should do Medallion to spice it up or stick with my tried and true regular toe cap.

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
Thanks but that I the burgundy chromexcel. I already have a pair of those and was looking more for the Cordovan style in actual use. I have seen some pictures, but wanted to get a users opinion

volleykinginnc

Familiar Face
Guys...anybody bought from this seller on Ebay....seems like he has the Semi Dress White's boots going for $250 which is substantially less than through Whites directly. Are these seconds or something? Smells kinda fishy to me.

volleykinginnc

Familiar Face
That's "whitesriver" and they're direct from the factury. You know how ebay works. Starts at $250 ends up $400+. Especially if you have feet that are common sized.
Yeah fair point....does anyone know how the White's sizes tend to run? I just got some JD Fisk boots in size 9 and they are way to big in the toe but I normally run a 9.5 in sneakers. Weird...the shoes in the ad show the internal measurement heal to toe is 10 inches and they call it a size 7 but another pair of my boots size 10 is just over 10 inches inside as well??

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy