Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who wears/wore porkpies?

sebastian czentner

One of the Regulars
Here we go i lowered the crown most i could.

Attachments

• 20210820_203144.jpg
    20210820_203144.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 381
  • 20210820_203144.jpg
    20210820_203144.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 400
  • 20210820_203144.jpg
    20210820_203144.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 401
Since the website I ordered this hat from had it listed and described as a Porkpie, I suppose I can now legitimately say I wear a Porkpie. :D Sold under the name "Classic Italy", this dark navy blue "woolfelt" beastie has a factory installed Diamond crease...

S9EIKen.jpg

q5iLJy4.jpg

...and it's surprisingly comfortable for a hat with such a low crown. This is my first wool felt hat that wasn't just a thin, cheaply made costume item. The felt feels a bit more coarse than my fur felt hats, but it's quite comfortable and I'm hoping it won't shrink. :confused:

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Since the website I ordered this hat from had it listed and described as a Porkpie, I suppose I can now legitimately say I wear a Porkpie. :D Sold under the name "Classic Italy", this dark navy blue "woolfelt" beastie has a factory installed Diamond crease...

S9EIKen.jpg

q5iLJy4.jpg

...and it's surprisingly comfortable for a hat with such a low crown. This is my first wool felt hat that wasn't just a thin, cheaply made costume item. The felt feels a bit more coarse than my fur felt hats, but it's quite comfortable and I'm hoping it won't shrink. :confused:
To reduce the risk of shrinking give it a coat of Scotchguard every few months.
looks good on you
Johnny

Last edited:
Okay, dumb story time. I've been sort of casually looking for a hat similar to the one Darren McGavin wore as Carl Kolchak in the TV series Kolchak: The Night Stalker ever since it premiered in September of 1974. Yep, nearly 50 years now, and so far even the "replica" hats I've found have been inaccurate in one way or another. It finally dawned on me that I would never find a close enough replica, especially since Mr. McGavin wore at least a few different hats that were each slightly different, so I switched gears and chose to instead create an updated, 2021, "Kolchak 2.0" version of the hat(s) he wore:

lTFJ7ac.jpg

A Jaxon & James' "Raffia Straw Diamond Crown Pork Pie" hat that I wanted to get anyway, and a crown ribbon/band from Amazon. Nothing special, but it has the "vibe" I wanted.

campbell166

New in Town
Okay, dumb story time. I've been sort of casually looking for a hat similar to the one Darren McGavin wore as Carl Kolchak in the TV series Kolchak: The Night Stalker ever since it premiered in September of 1974. Yep, nearly 50 years now, and so far even the "replica" hats I've found have been inaccurate in one way or another. It finally dawned on me that I would never find a close enough replica, especially since Mr. McGavin wore at least a few different hats that were each slightly different, so I switched gears and chose to instead create an updated, 2021, "Kolchak 2.0" version of the hat(s) he wore:

lTFJ7ac.jpg

A Jaxon & James' "Raffia Straw Diamond Crown Pork Pie" hat that I wanted to get anyway, and a crown ribbon/band from Amazon. Nothing special, but it has the "vibe" I wanted.
That’s a great job.....I also loved the show and his hat

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner